Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I think either this gen will be longer, or next-gen will be different, as in more like mid-gen upgrades or something like PC.

2026:

Xbox Series X2 – Stop native support for Xbox Series S, new games target Xbox Series X and Series X2

2030:

Xbox Series X3 – Stop native support for Series X, new games target X2 and X3

We are literally getting games for the base xbox one, one s and ps4 variants. This will never happen imo.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s how it’ll play out. Series S and X are very even except with the resolution they can output. If you stop supporting one, might as well cut off the other.

Slightly off topic but is there a thread that lists all First party projects in development and also stuff Jez and Grubb have leaked ?

Yeah, that’s why I said “different” and yeah maybe not exactly like I said but I feel something different with this gen and the next

About 8 years after the announcement that would be, yeah I can see that being the case. In what stage of development is it now, do we know?

I would assume pre production, with the army ready to move over once Starfield releases (with some amount of staff staying behind to develop DLC)

1 Like

Fallout 5 ? if TES VI is 2026 then how todd and team would finish fallout 5 in one year even 2 years is not possible assuming next gen is 2027.

Fallout 5 would be next gen exclusive.

TES VI is not like other games though…this is Bethesda biggest IP

1 Like

Pre-production as per Todd

1 Like

Yeah, imagine having 1 million console users to sell it to though.

1 Like

still early, all teams focusing on starfield right now.

yeah i mean why people against the idea, there still other games for MS in 2026 and TES VI would perfect marketing tool for new gen push. it would be cross-gen title

1 Like

We are not talking about next gen exclusivity tho .

1 Like

Because we are paying a monthly fee for these games. Delaying without a valid consumer centric reason would make me irate tbh.

People will wait til they get the new console for a proper experience.

TES games sell for like 5+ years. Release it when it’s ready, provide a next gen update when it launches to keep it in the limelight and keep it selling.

2 Likes

MS won’t do any next console exclusives going forward, 2 years of corssgen support, they are bind to GP

yeah but this decision would be made 1-2years before the launch, you won’t get TES VI release date until 2026.

Bethesda like to do full-blown reveal

I started Oblivion on steam a few days ago and it’s fantastic. Highly recommend it to everyone who enjoys roleplaying games, in some ways it’s better than Skyrim. I really like the LOTR style world they got going on and some of the cheesy voice acting + character models have aged…pretty well? It sort of adds to the world.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that one, the quests were far better than those in Skyrim.

2 Likes