Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

As someone that uses gaming to relax, like reading, I don’t like the focus on coop and MP that MS have. It seems that their bigger budget bets, in the main, have to have a MP component. That’s not good news for me,personally. The last thing I want to do when gaming is deal with other humans.

There’s always exceptions to this but they are vastly outnumbered.

Are you bothered with games having a multiplayer component AT ALL despite not affecting the singleplayer (Halo, Gears, Forza), or games where multiplayer is the focus and only way to play/enjoy (Sea of Thieves)? I’d agree with the latter, but disagree with the former. I see no evidence that MS have focus on MP from their XGS studios. On the contrary, most of them in the works are either single-player only or single-player focused, or at worst there’s an important single-player component. We have gathered and Grubb has said as much that that’s why they’re looking for more MP/Co-op focused games with XGS Publishing. But even those games I’d like if MS requires they have a SP component or be played fully solo just fine.

As a mainly single-player player, I find XGS franchise appeal to me perfectly, the conception that they’re multiplayer focused on driven is just wrong. From Psychonauts 2, FH5, and to Halo Infinite, all are single player driven with MP/Co-op components that are also good, even something like Flight Sim is a SP game in essence.

2 Likes

It was a Spyro game.

yeah then they will back on it next year

2023 / 2024 Spyro 4 - Banjo-Katooie Remaster

2025 Banjo-Threeie

2026 Mascot crossover platformer with Crash, Banjo, Spyro, Conker, Blinx, and others

:philwins:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Ninja Theory shared official Hellblade concept art

11 Likes

If you can’t buy em steal their people :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

awesome, can’t wait for this game

Pretty much lol. Publishing seems like it has tons of top WB talent.

Tells me a couple things. Leadership there may not be feeling comfortable with the long term outlook of the games division and are starting to leave.

It could also just be great new challenge and opportunities for these folks.

One things for sure, it can’t hurt the outlook of bringing WB studios possibly into the family down the road. If these are solid leadership people, others will follow. One way or the other

1 Like

Eventually, they’ll have these games from Microsoft studios or publishing deals.

• Call of Duty
  • Overwatch
  • Contraband
  • Redfall
  • Halo
  • Gears
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Everwild
  • Forza Horizon/Motorsport
  • Fallout 76
  • Elder Scrolls Online
  • Minecraft
  • State of Decay
  • Project Dragon
  • Certain Affinity game
  • Perfect Dark? (assuming it has MP)
  • Warcraft/StarCraft?

Those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Seems like a nice mix. EA probably recognizes just how critical sports games are to the success of Game Pass as well.

They ban you for ANYTHING on that site. Not to take this topic off-topic(and mods forgive me), but I am left leaning and a Black person and even I got banned for ridiculous things. I got banned for 2 WEEKS saying Sarah Bond is beautiful and that I am glad a Black woman has a high position within Xbox. I agree that dismissing cerftain issues shouldn’t be tolerated but should not warrant an over correction in banning(and no I don’t think you did anything wrong). I said something stupid on here(yes very stupid), but instead of getting a weeks worth of banning, my post got deleted and I was able to apologize for said stupid post. With the Sarah Bond post I couldn’t even explain the context. Just a swift ban.

Again everyone, apologies if I went off topic. Just had to get something off my chest.

7 Likes

Halo is not COD.

2 Likes
5 Likes

BTW CrossfireX is near release and it’s still MIA from socials and advertising, that game is gonna bomb hard if no GP at this point.

I know it’s more on Smilegate, but for example their other game near release, Lost Ark published by Amazon is being heavily advertized. Hmmm

It probably sucks lol

4 Likes

Then I truly wonder if actual Remedy from Alan Wake, QB, Control made this. There was one previewer that said some stuff was straight from Sam Lake but he probably meant that he thought that.

Not everyone likes QB and Control but they ARE quality games nonetheless. This is a shame.

Watching the GamingBolt video for Crossfire X, it seems like the campaign will have two operations at launch with an unknown amount of missions in each operation. No info on if this is the entire campaign or not.