Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Lol

Not difficult for me at all, Bethedsa Sci-fi RPG is all I need.

Outriders is miserable (and I finished it lmao). Like no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Game Pass word of mouth forced its commercial success into existence, engagement prior GP announcement was abysmal. SE should be grateful, instead they don’t even bother to port 8 years old MMORPG, lmao.

1 Like

I definitely had a game buying addiction for a while lol. No joke Game Pass was a bit of a cure.

11 Likes

In no way, shape or form should Gears ever be a loot based game. Like, WTF? I love Outriders but again, no way should The Coalition transition Gears into that. I would only want to see Gears become a survival horror game and even this would have to be a spin off.

5 Likes

Facts

Yeah not a fan of Gears being a looter shooter. One of the core aspects of games like Gears, Halo, Uncharted, etc. is the careful balance and design of the arsenals on offer throughout the campaigns. Gears doesn’t have to be the Division any more than the Division needs to be Gears. We already have Outriders for that. There are other ways Gears can evolve without chasing old trends.

6 Likes

I dont think anybody said looter shooter here but the foundation for upgrading weapons and armors is in Tactics and powers/abilities is Hivebusters lol.

2 Likes

I wonder if it will be more story driven!?

I loved it :rofl:

Gears Tactics though is a turn based strategy RPG so it makes more sense. Personally, for there to be upgrading in Gears, they would need to add many more different weapon types because literally since Gears UE, all I ever use is the assault rifle with the chainsaw on it. Stealth should not be in Gears but they could expand the melee combat by adding more depth to it and not having the weapon break like in Gears 5.

Me too!!!

2 Likes

He could asked Phil why Grounded isn’t cancelled yet :wink:

2 Likes

60FPS Raytracing on Doom Eternal looks nuts.

I can’t believe Microsoft owns id.

2 Likes

Yeah but we are talking about a potential pivot away from the current formula using stuff being tried across Tactics, Gears 5 (open world) and Hivebusters. Probably wont happen but It would be a nice revamp Id love to see.

About to hop on and be blown away.

I don’t want to see Gears main series become like Tactics or even really using gameplay elements that were in Tactics. Gears 5 had two open areas and while the snowy level was cool, I didn’t like the desert at all and by that time, it was just all filler. Hivebusters was great. I can see some minor upgrades and whatnot being added but I don’t want to see Gears go away from the basics and foundation of what the series great.

I think a Gears survival horror spin off game with upgrades and all that stuff would be a far better fit in my opinion.

1 Like

Oh sorry, when I saw people talking about loot in Gears, that’s exactly what I thought. Experimenting with side stories or titles is one thing, not a fan of them putting gear in the main campaign. I would prefer carefully crafted campaigns remain carefully crafted and not given variables like different weapon, ammo, or armor types. If gears should be going in any direction, it’s towards horror IMO. The series started with a horror angle and that wasn’t pulled off well in Gears 1. With Coalition’s talent, I think they can pull it off.

1 Like

Yeah the tone of Gears 1 down to Marcus Characterization and the dialogue was absolutely different and kinda dropped from the series to be more blockbuster-ish.

1 Like

agree