Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

There is something KOTOR related coming, the question is whether its exclusive or not

This is what Jeff Grubb expects in 2023

• Avowed
  • Fable
  • Perfect Dark
  • Everwild
  • Hellblade 2
  • Contraband
  • InXileā€™s next game
  • Compulsionā€™s next game
  • The Coalitionā€™s next non-Gears project

Hellblade 2 is going to blow peopleā€™s minds.

11 Likes

Iā€™m confident as neither PD or Fable hit in 2023. TC are a good shout, as is Compulsion and Inexile but inthink 2024 is more likely

Fable has been in production since 2018

2 Likes

I donā€™t think InXile or Hellblade 2 makes it.

2024 Iā€™m certain off for Fable. Like no info just the same feeling I had with Starfield. Itā€™s coming later then everyone thinks

Not everwild.

Depends on how hard that reboot was tbh.

Supposedly that list according to Grubb, is from Microsoftā€™s ā€œinternal release scheduleā€ā€¦

Obviously any of these can slip out of 2023, but 3-4 at least should make it.

2 Likes

Gregg mayles is like Jo Staten at 343, he just gets shit done. Iā€™m not ruling out 2023 yet

4 Likes

Everwild is a debacle.

Matt Booty really needs to enforce a deadline on Rare.

The game was unveiled in 2019.

So many unknowns about that time though: They are building up the studio alongside the game, new genre/type of game and COVID-19. You would think 5 years is enough but Iā€™m a bit unsure about this one too.

2 Likes

Iā€™m starting to sound like @Hindle again lol.

2 Likes

So he should enforce a deadline on a game that just got rebooted?

7 Likes

If I had to choose the 3-4 ones I feel most confident about landing in 2023 from that list Iā€™d say:

Avowed. Contraband. Compulsion (maybe). TC special project.

1 Like

Avowed. Contraband. Hellblade. The Coalition.

I TCs next game will be small tho

I mean itā€™s not like Microsoft desperately needs Everwildā€¦ they have the opportunity to do it right with the new creative director and actually nail down a actual gameplay loop.

Weā€™re getting Forza, Psychonauts 2, Halo, Redfall, Starfield, Deathloop etc in the next 18 months. Plenty of first party releasesā€¦ Everwild is a after thought at the moment.

11 Likes

He should have enforced a deadline on the game after its first CGI trailer.

Instead what has Rare been doing all this time ?

Itā€™s not like Rare isnā€™t crazy successful atm either :wink: Theyā€™ll get the time they need.

7 Likes