Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

First quarter 2023 seems reasonable for Avowed IMO.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Starfield and then Avowed 4 months later?

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

7 Likes

Since when it has been in full development? After PoE 2 release in 2018? Considering this was the project that convinced MS to buy them, it seems possible, 5 full years of production and who knows how many of pre production seem right for an AAA open world rpg.

I have Avowed down for Sept-Dec 2023. I think itā€™s going to be thier major game for that quarter

2 Likes

Awesome. I missed that.

Over 500k watching Xbox first party games!

11 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time Iā€™ve heard that verifiably false narrativeā€¦ Iā€™d be able to retire :wink:

5 Likes

Nah thatā€™s going to be Indiana Jones :wink:

Haha, I wouldnā€™t get your Hopeā€™s up

2 full more years? Nah.

Think Hellblade may aim for that period while Avowed hits the early portion.

1 Like

Hellblade was revealed before Avowed. Iā€™d say itā€™s the other way round. Hellblade first quarter, Avowed in the third or fourth

Avowed been in the works since before HB2 and is said to be very on track.

1 Like

Anyway when is Quakecon? Should be getting a few games revealed there as well

for the first hellblade, NT put out a tweet showing they were on step 4 of their 7 step process for building a game.

This was roughly 2 years before hellblade released.

with the most recent dev diary, they have started vertical slice, which was step 4 (so similar place dev wise). now the second is larger, but they have more devs, so I reckon similar amount of time from now till release (mid/late 23)

also sponger has repeatedly said avowed is on track, with a late 22/early 23 date. now we know it wonā€™t be late 22 (as any other rpg will be consumed by starfield) so early 23 is my guess

11 Likes

Hellblade not only has more devs but also more tech and support, they have a full-on mocap studio now, while they had to improvise one last time.

Hellblade 2 is coming in 2023, I bet itā€™s going to be the summer game while Fable is the holiday one.

Hah, Xbox Game Studios with over half a million viewers. :wink:

5 Likes

2022 should be:

Starfield. Forza. Wolfenstein. Redfall.

2023 I think is:

Hellblade. Contraband. Avowed. Maybe TOW 2 or Everwild

2023 is going to have twice as many game. Wolfenstein might not exist.

2 Likes

I know, but I mean more in terms of AAA.