Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

New day new talk on starfield …
21 days until e3

He did a couple times recently

Unfortunately one of those posts was responding to some shithead criticizing him for having a Cyberpunk gaming chair from CDPR. So he may have not have been made to feel as welcome as Nick and Sik would have liked

He is supposed to be on one of their podcasts soon though

1 Like

Wait, that part about a Cyberpunk chair happened here on XboxEra actually?

All this talk about Starfield must be a Godsend for the marketing team lol.

One thing I will say that doesn’t make too much sense is why Bethesda would file for a copyright notice for this year, if the game had no chance of releasing this year.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that the game was never going to be fully ready as a complete game even without Covid.

1 Like

In today’s podcast Major Nelson mentions he has been playing Psychonauts 2 (7:20). There’s a Tim Schafer interview with details from the game (9:25) + new gameplay footage (12:05 + 19:12).

8 Likes

This is a valid point. Can’t forget that Xbox GDK (tOoLs) was not yet ready and that definitely would have hindered 343’s development cycle. The pandemic definitely exasperated that even more. Remember raytracing was supposed to be coming post-launch (and this was the case for other titles as well).

I think Infinite was definitely ready content-wise as I highly doubt Joseph Staten would be lying about that. Glad that it was delayed. I am hopeful that Infinite will be a great game in all aspects :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sweet! Going to check that out later.

Tim: “We really tried to make every level with its own artstyle and a gameplay twist, something different than all the other levels, and it’s part of the reason it takes so long to make these games. (…) You never know what’s going to happen. It’s set inside the human mind, so we can do anything we want this way. It’s so creatively inspiring to make a game like this and fun to play.”

Tim: “There’s platforming. Raz is a trained acrobat so he has a lot of skills (…) and a lot of deep platform mechanics. It’s an adventure game, so there are puzzles, dialogue with characters like in some of the old LucasArts advanture games dialogue trees.”

7 Likes

Game looks impeccable, I’m impressed, gameplay looks fun also. Lot’s of different powers.

2 Likes

Oh man, I can’t wait. This sounds damn good. It sounds like the first but with more new abilities, mechanics, more depth probably and I bet it will be bigger. Which is music to my ears.

Jeff Grubb on project Typhoon (GamesBeat Decides latest episode): “I think you’ll be excited about it, it’s a pretty cool thing. You’ll be excited that Microsoft is making deals to enable things like this to get created at the very least.”

19 Likes

I think the issues fundamentally went deeper than that and it revolved around the engine and tools making progress difficult at the start and changes in vision for the game. I trust Staten to land the plane though.

I guess we will find out when Jason Schreier releases his article.

As I suspected, this is one of the big reasons why the game has taken so long to make because each level is almost a different game and should be a reminder that games take time to make, especially if you want a unique one and it is made by a smallish team.

4 Likes

Oh, wow… I missed that.

Same. I just love the ‘clean’ visual style it has. This game will look great on an OLED for sure.

2 Likes

Was the guy running damage control & making excuses for CDPR over the state of Cyberpunk, while sitting on an official branded Cyberpunk gaming chair given to him as a gift from CDPR?

If the answer is yes, then I don’t see the problem in calling him out. Doesn’t that simply come with the territory, at that point?

Put up a piece on the site highlighting the interview.

The new power shown, Mental Connection, mixed up Hollis’ medical school memories and Rez gambling addiction, so we have stuff like “doctors rolling the dice to decide which patients live or die”.

Plus, dialogue trees inspired by old LucasArts games!

I’m way more excited than what I already was!

2 Likes

This games is overflowing with some magic that I can’t explain, it just feels right.

1 Like

Excellent first contribution and welcome to the forum !

It also reinforces what Jez said about the game being unique.

3 Likes

I’m really liking the focus on smaller budgeted (non-AAA) games. It is starting to feel like the past gens where there were just a ton different games and the focus wasn’t on OMG WOW AAA FPS TPS CGI so much.

1 Like