Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

7 Likes

Same here, but the setting and the fact it is the next big RPG from Bethesda is all I need to know. Plus with the marketing campaign being kicked off already should tell you that this game will most likely be an ‘event’ when it is released next year.

2 Likes

Will be a good chance to close the current trilogy out and leave it at that for me lol. But I wont complain if we get more games since Ill play I just dont think the series needs any more.

Errrr… @Sikamikanico @Shpeshal_Nick when is Phil coming on to the XboxEra podcast? He is doing the rounds it seems :wink:.

I will be sure to listen to it, Phil normally always drops at least a few nuggets.

8 Likes

Don’t minimized what they did. Games don’t make themselves. It’s a big accomplishment to make a solid game and not break the Gears gameplay. How many complaints do we see about Halo? People still complain about some Devil May Cry games not having consistent gameplay.

Especially he’s the member of XboxEra! :achievement:

7 Likes

Do you think outriders beat them to the punch? A loot based gears game would be great and could easily add abilities like hivebusters and whatnot. I would love for that spin to happen for the series, but you might be right abot Outriders beatin them to the punch

1 Like

Outriders already has fewer players than Gears 5 now. Nothing surpasses Gears when it comes to third person cover-based combat.

1 Like

We don’t exactly know. We know they have projects, and we’ve heard from an employee things are going well.

They just started posted their first job listing. It’s an HR position shared between Roundhouse and Arkane Austin. Some have viewed this as confirmation that Roundhouse is helping on Redfall. All I read is that they are a separate entity from the new ZOS Madison Wisconsin office.

Ultimately, I think we hear from Roundhouse later. They went through a rough patch, but there is an extreme amount of talent there, and with the right vision, help and resources they could do something very special, like the original Prey.

7 Likes

They can step in with Prey 2 now that Arkane Austin is making Redfall, they could make the infamous game which was cancelled and include elements from Arkane’s Prey. We shall see.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Sure cause its not Gears and it ran terrible

2 Likes

Combine armor and upgrades idea from tactics, powers/abilities from Hivebusters with what Outriders did but with the Gears IP? Easy money.

5 Likes

Yeah I strongly suspect that next Gears will be open-world(ish), with cosmetics on weapons and armours like Tactics (also in campaign and not only in mp) and with ligh rpg elements, expanded from Jack and Hivebusters power-ups.

Agreed that is easy money especially with gears having great boss fights. Now I hope for one of coalition projects in the works is a loot based game. I don’t care if its gears or a new IP, and I think gears like mechanics for a loot shooter can be best in class if they mix stuff like gears like boss fights, abilities and armor in tactics and hivebusters, etc.

3 Likes

They have already prepared the groundwork in Gears 5, Hivebusters and Tactics.

5 Likes

Think this is just a good way to pivot Gears into something fresh while ouright not being something else entirely.

1 Like

I just heard John Dimaggio in my head growl “Wake me, when you fuckin need me”

I genuinely believe if they can get the tech side of state of Decay down that state of Decay 3 will be a phenomenal game.

9 Likes

Knowing Ryan he’s gonna ask Phil about halo infinite