Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

No games till 2023! thats a fun one! /s

I actually had some strong opinions about thatā€¦

Fable will not be an MMO

Fable 2 and 3 had sparse online interconnectivity.

Remember how in Forza Horizon 4 you could see ā€œghost carsā€ that represent other players and you could interact with them or ignore them completely for a true single player experience? That is likely what Fable ends up being.

3 Likes

As long as that kind of stuff is optional itā€™s fine with me!

1 Like

If Fable has online then Playground likely went back to look at Lionheadā€™s original Project Ego pitch document which had up to eight player co-op raids planned back when it was a Dreamcast game. So youā€™ll likely have limited co-op in set scenarios or the ability to have a party. Where it gets intersting is what Lionhead wanted to achieve in the world where player actions could influence the updates to the world. Sea Of Thieves already does this but Playground could take the concept further. Lionhead cut it because it was stupidly ambitious for the time and not everyone was online enough for it to be workable. But it is an interesting wrinkle that the actions of the player base could change the world that doesnā€™t need a MMO set up.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Fableā€™s development is so weird to me, it must of been in development since 2017 at least, for its quasi-reveal in 2018.

But now, 2021, in the last year the lead writer and senior scriptwriter have only just started. This means VA hasnā€™t started and recruitment is maybe only just starting.

A lot of time mustā€™ve been reserved for the design elements / engine development.

Man I so love the sound of this. I think Fable is honestly a perfect fit for connected world elements.

With the risk of sounding like Hindle, Iā€™d say Fable is most likely a 2024 game.

6 Likes

Now this is really a 2025/2026 gameā€¦ lol.

5 Likes

Didnt sponger say it was 2024? I cant remember what he said about the game it was a while ago

nvm he said donā€™t expect it to be before 2024. Im not sure if im reading what he said wrong but it seems like it will be like witcher 3 in size and scope comparing the team sizes with next gen destruction in mind

Yall really think fables gonna be a mmo? LOL its gonna have co-op aspects but its def gonna be a single-player experience for the most part

Damnit, I want to see what InXile is cooking so badly, I have so much faith in them as an Xbox studio

4 Likes

I would like an mmo in the world of fable but they need to get the single player game right first which I believe they will

Yeah this is the one people universally agree is the furthest out probably lol.

inXile next title will possibly be the last one to release between first party teams?

As far as I know yes even Indiana might release before it

2 Likes

2028 Indy

1 Like

cant tell if this is a joke or not

Its a joke here

2 Likes