Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Gotta pray something first party to close the year thats not Forza

For me the perfect scenario would be to shift Starfield, Avowed, and Fable to the previous year. Fable, inXile, and Perfect Dark in the same year is really heavy year.

Not every year is going to be strong in the second half. First half for 2022 would simply be stronger than the second half.

I see every year overall as a heavy year. lol. :joy:

1 Like

A 2024 fable would be extremely surprising. When did they start again? 2018?

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I feel a lot of potential from Everwild, this game could be something truly special.

For some reason I associate it with Pokemon, I hope we can take lots of different animals with different powers.

But… not even the devs knows what it is?

1 Like

I feel sad that I’m expecting Everwild to be a game like Sea of Thieves, where it can’t be enjoyed optimally as a solo player game. That will make it a non-starter for me just like SoT.

1 Like

My guesses (based on announced and known quantities):

(2021) Mighty Doom → Psychonauts 2 → MSFS → As Dusk Falls → Wolfenstein 3 → Starfield → Halo Infinite

(2022) Project Mara → Everwild → Project Missouri → Forza Motorsport → Deathloop Deathinitive Edition → Hellblade 2 → Arkane Austin → XGSGP Open World → Ghostwire Tokyo Complete Edition → Avowed.

(2023) Double Fine Multiplayer → Compulsion → Roundhouse → Fable → Zenimax Online Non-MMO → Alpha Dog → State of Decay 3 → Mojang New Project → Perfect Dark

(2024) Gears 6 → InXile → New DOOM → Arkane Lyon → Indiana Jones → Elder Scrolls 6

(2025) Zenimax Online New MMO → Tango Gameworks.

3 Likes

I’ll take it :+1:Though I hope Tango can deliver their new game before 2025.

1 Like

McCaffrey basically wants Xbox to be Playstation 2.0 and make the exact same kinds of games.

1 Like

McCaffery is a weird guy. He has terrible takes and is the definition of what makes current ign terrible. But he has also been in the industry forever and is a nice guy. His recent interview with Tim Schafer really showed off how deep his roots in the industry go and was really enjoyable to listen to. But still. He sucks

3 Likes

There should be a new assassin’s creed game this year as they have two different teams developing ac games. That’s how we got ac origins and ac odyssey back to back. It’s time for that other team’s assassin’s creed.

I think the chance that 2022 comes out in 2022 is pretty high, I’d even say it’s guaranteed :joy:

Yeah, that’s what I fear about current Rare like they’ll make a game I want to play, but I want to play solo. However I do understand there’s a large market for sea of thieves type of games, but I still feel sad there isn’t a campaign type of mode in that game since it looked beautiful

That thread title’s fucking with ya huh? :wink:

2 Likes

Mine

(2021) Psychonauts 2 > Flight Simulator > Wolfenstein III > Forza Horizon 5(if cross gen) > Halo Infinite (live service)

(2022) Starfield > Deathloop > Hellblade 2 > Forza Motorsport (live service) > Ghostwire Tokyo > Forza Horizon 5 (next gen only)

(2023) Everwild > Avowed > Perfect Dark

(2024) Fable > Compulsion > InXile > State of Decay 3

(2025) Doom III > Indiana Jones > The Elder Scrolls VI

1 Like

2 years for concept/brainstorming and 4 years for development seems sufficient to me🤔

I wonder which games will get a gameplay demo at “E3” from last years showcase.

Avowed, Fable and State of Decay 3 seem a ways out. I think we’re probably going to see gameplay from Halo Infinite (duh), Psychonauts 2 (also duh), Hellblade 2, Starfield, Compulsion’s new game and maybe Forza. I tend to think they’ve shown so much Everwild that unless it’s close, it may take some time away from the spotlight. However, the last news we got was that the game mechanics are still coming together, so it seems like we’ll be waiting at least another year for gameplay.

I’m really curious to see how Bethesda and Xbox share Zenimax game news. Bethesda will obviously talk about Deathloop (which should be out by then) and Ghostwire Tokyo but can’t acknowledge that they’ll eventually come to Xbox. I’d guess that they may tease something like Wolfenstein 3 (as well as Starfield) with a full gameplay trailer during the Xbox showcase, or something like that.

If there will be other first-party games with gameplay shown, I imagine that they’ll be surprise announcements at this point. I could absolutely see a couple of big second-party announcements. Hopefully one will be Banjo-related!

As far as Zenimax, maybe they’d do something where one show announces the game with a short teaser clip with a full reveal on the other show. Me assuming the Bethesda show will continue to go before the Xbox show.

1 Like

I like that idea best. Considering they have games coming exclusively to a non-Xbox platform, it’ll be fun to see Bethesda try to avoid the awkwardness of discussing those titles and segueing into talking about their new place within the Xbox family. Haha