Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

I mean, for example, Grubb has suggested the IO Interactive RPG, starting from the ground up with no lore, will release in 2025…

So you’re expecting Indiana Jones to have a longer development time than that.

1 Like

If Turn 10 is already game testing Forza Motorsport with the public doesn’t that mean the chances of getting it this year are high?

Forza Motorsport 7 released almost 4 years ago

It’d be higher if every insider wasnt suggesting Forza Horizon 5 this year. I really doubt we get both in one year.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I completely disagree that the date of announcement is more important than actual previous dev time cycles & stories of things that have actually happened before.

You can’t say with absolute certainty “it was announced on this date & so will definitely be out by this date, ignore any other examples of other things taking longer, wrap it up boys we’re done”

Just completely disagree with that. We don’t know. The game will be out when it’s out. If it is out quickly, well that’ll be great. I’ll get to play it soon. But we don’t know & that’s really all there is to it.

I mean, I think that saying “it would be very bad to announce a game in 2021 and then it comes out in 2027” is fair, only huge things like GTA6, TES6 and Cyberpunk can get a pass.

From the sound of this thread Microsoft should have just stuck with the Xbox One till 2030 when they actually have some games.

1 Like

Or they should have waited until this year so the Series could launch with first party games. No thanks, I am very much enjoying the Series X and glad to have ditched the One X.

1 Like

Motorsport is receiving a major overhaul, and will be launched for next-gen only.

They can take their time, this game will be incredible I’m sure.

I went from base Xbox one to series x

10 Likes

Boy, that must have been some upgrade for you lol.

1 Like

god speed

That’s like going from B&W TV to color… How did it feel?

1 Like

Moist

6 Likes

trying not to laugh GIF

2 Likes

I feel like there’s been a lot of missed opportunities within the 2nd party publishing branch when you look at how many fantastic 2nd party deals have been going around with other publishers. Which begs the question, why didn’t Microsoft utilize global publishing hard during the Xbox One generation when they didn’t have a lot of studios?

Here is me guessing multiple theories on why, let me know what you all think:

• They tried with Phantom Dust and Scalebound but both projects were cancelled, I’m very thankful that we still got the HD re-release of Phantom Dust for free though. Can’t make comments about Scalebound cause we don’t know the situation behind that.

• Microsoft has a pretty conservative soft or hard cap on how much they were willing to spend on 2nd party game projects.

• Microsoft spent a lot more money than we realize on projects like Fable Legends, Project Knoxville, Scalebound and Crackdown 3 than we think.

• Microsoft felt more confident in 2015 that their situation with first party would’ve fixed itself out.

I’m glad that first party is finally being addressed and it feels like its being addresed HARD. especially with Microsoft acquiring Bethesda. There’s also rumors right now going about that IOI interactive is creating a project with 2nd party but many rumors are saying that its going to be a Diablo type project, which makes me think it’ll be something on the smaller end.

But then there’s also the rumor going about that Microsoft might be working with Kojima Productions on a big project so… yyeaah Xbox is in a much better spot now IMO than they were 5 years ago.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with this summation.

Happy Sunday Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Yep, I keep telling people to watch this space: the software and hardware features, when utilized, are going to surprise people with their results more than the already tangible hardware spec delta allows. As someone who works with people who’ve utilized some of these features on a much larger scale, the capabilities allowed can be game changers.

2 Likes

Contrary to the popular consensus on the internet I enjoyed my time with Bleeding Edge. It was a fun lower budget AA game with nice visual flare and enjoyable multiplayer to hop onto from time to time.

It was also released in March at the start of the pandemic which fit perfectly, only thing was I couldn’t get any friends to join me :(. ah well, I hope Ninja Theory keeps that group of developers together.

2 Likes

I tried the alpha, the beta and played during the first days and the real problems were 2: not enough content (not even close) and released out of time, maybe 3-4 years before it would have been successfull.

I think NT has already fully moved on, BE director is now co-director of Hellblade 2, so that’s it.

I was playing some Recore today because I never finished it. The concept is great and the FPS boost to 60fps makes it a title worth going back to. With gamepass now being a thing I would like to see a sequel to Recore. Give the IP another shot, what’s the worst that could happen?

2 Likes