Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Care to expand…? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: @Klobrille

15 Likes

Makes sense. Several of their recent job listings don’t seem to indicate an MMO game. It’s possible they have two new games in the works.

4 Likes

Makes sense shifting away from MMO games.

Bethesda did this with Fallout and TES to try and gain a little more money.

Of course, pressure from the old suits.

1 Like
16 Likes

This game is going to be lovely to play. I can just feel it.

10 Likes

Haha, that’s some funny Shit. They took notice of the somewhat low res shots and this is their reply. I bet E3 will have a nice update on it and…surely a release date. Or shadow drop, Jesus thst be sick.

Game should be lovely on the XSX, undoubtedly 60fps.

2 Likes

Wow those screens look really good.

I think people just want games that can justify the purpose of their box, sure MS has released a good amount of games over past few years,but alot of them are mult-iplats due to prior agreements.Its just how console gaming works in my opinion, you buy a box to play certain games you cant get elsewhere. Console exclusivity doesn’t mean the game will be good, but to the consumer it gives MORE value to their purchase. Gamepass is great, but you have people like me who just want a game to come out that will never be on another console except the one I own. Is it childish? Very, but I don’t care that’s what I want.

4 Likes

Catching up now but I only steer halo chat in here to the halo OT when it’s either low quality or going in circles. Other than that have every good discussion about every 1st party you want.

3 Likes

just saw a job posting from a while back on microsofts website with some interesting things on it. They are hiring a Business Strategy Director who will be part of a dedicated strategy team to focus on cross-product opportunities and partnerships. its not clear if this means things like advertising elder scrolls 6 on cereal boxes, or licensing IP, or maybe neither.

Heres a section of the job posting

Heres a link to the job

Business Strategy Director in Redmond, Washington, United States | Business Development & Strategy at Microsoft

2 Likes

Is it just me or should that studio perhaps be renamed?

1 Like

They’re working on a game from one of idSoftwares IP apparently

Ooh, interesting.

Saw it here. Links it to a job posting in the blog https://twitter.com/WorldsXbox/status/1389264839042863107?s=20

1 Like

Could be the Commander Keen mobile thing but my suspicion is Quake.

Id handles Doom, MachineGames Wolfenstein, Avalanche RAGE, ZOS Quake.

2 Likes

hmm let’s see,

in 2020 they launched one big game for PC and the rest medium to small games ,only three of them were quality MFS 2020, ORI 2, and Gears Tactics. Wasteland 3 is not published by them

now let’s talk about 2021…ahhhh nothing so far not even small game

so yeah i can see some people why they want more games and not enough from MS

3 Likes

Wasteland 3 was massively improved by their investment into the game created by their first party studio. It released into game pass like all other 1st party games, they had a very good 2020 and have had a very nothing 2021 so far. To compensate for that they’ve put tons of money into game pass and had an insanely good game pass year in 2021.

11 Likes

i know Wasteland 3 is quality game lol and damn it has one of best soundtracks, i’m just talking about MS published games and output and that it, i believe it was published by deep sliver right ? all of this will change this fall

1 Like

I love psychonauts tim burton claymation look. Such a great art style. Feels almost nostalgic.

2 Likes