Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

https://gamerant.com/atlus-players-want-its-games-xbox/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So there is still a Bethesda and a Microsoft conference ? cool

Glad MS keep their cards on hand, no need to reveal new game now, the console is already sold out, waiting for summer is smart

they will probably slowly integrate it or leave it as is where they announce the game on their show and Bethesda shows off the game in more detail maybe or something like this what do you guys think?

Totally agree with you :+1:t3:

This isn’t what’s gunna happen though. I can’t see them blanket committing to anything like that. I wouldn’t if I was in their position.

Not to mention the amount of chatter it generates.

They did it with every other Studio. Every other studio they bought announced directly that the games are exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. They’re gonna make it.

Yeh, but this is a publisher. They’ve already said case by case so unless you think they are going to individually go over every Bethesda game coming out over the next 5/10 years and tell us the exclusivity status of each one of the upcoming, we aren’t getting a yes or no.

Going by what Colt said it sounds like we’ll get clarity on it next week.

You all forgot the switch in all that (me included) bringing games on Playstation does not make sense but the switch is different.

For sure, I expect clarity, I don’t expect a commitment to full exclusivity or full non-exclusivity.

So E3 XGS have there own event and Bethesda have there own event as plans are already in motion?

1 Like

But I can’t help but think of this

Hmmm, I see.

Well, I guess if in the future they might want to bring a new Zenimax Online game to PS…they can’t commit to full exclusivity, true. Not that they should need to, look at Sea of Thives. It’s doing really well on Xbox and PC.

3 Likes

I expect full exclusivity, honoring games already out or with contracts.

1 Like

Bethesda having an E3 this year makes total sense for several reasons:

• Unless there is a deep-dive at Sony’s FOG/SOP, Tokyo Ghostwrite will still need to be shown off.
  • Showcase next-gen upgrades/updates for ESO. Additional content for Year of Oblivion for ESO.
  • Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part II highlight, along with next-gen patches for Doom Eternal for XSX/PS5.
  • More additional content for F076. Possible next-gen patches for both including additional new content as per the road map.
  • Deep dives for Starfield (regardless of release year).
  • Focus on mobile stuff like update for Commander Keen, Elder Scrolls Blades etc
  • Quake Champions stuff

Now, I would expect new announcements like first Starfield trailer and Wolf III to still be highlighted at Microsoft’s E3 and announced. That’s a no-brainer. However, when it comes to stuff like announcements of special editions and stuff like that, that will be saved for Bethesda’s show.

That would be this E3. Now next year? I don’t fully expect a Bethesda E3 Show in 2022. Bethesda was probably planning their conference since last year, along with Microsoft and we know talks didn’t restart until summer. So things like gameplay demos and stuff like that, more so during covid, would need a longer-range forecast. So it would make sense for a Bethesda E3 this year, as opposed to last year.

Remember, technically, Bethesda operated independently until a few days ago when the sale started happening/take place. It was business as usual for them, as we saw with the Doom III VR announcement.

3 Likes

You make a lot of sense here. But apparently you’re also cursed…so I don’t know man.

J/k

I think those expectations are a bit high personally, I expect some form of exclusivity on almost all Beth titles but I’m not confident it will be full exclusivity.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I think it should be, but I just can’t see Phil making the call to make the next Doom and Elder Scrolls 100% exclusive.

I could see them doing something like… Everything that was being worked on releasing for Playstation before the acquisition happened will still release on Playstation, but after that they’re all in on Xbox. The next Wolfenstein could release on PS but I think Phil mentions Starfield too much for it not to be exclusive

There’s a thread for the exclusivity talk, take it there.

2 Likes

As there’s a weak spot in the Xbox studios lineup for “E” rated games, and there’s a soft spot in my heart for Commander Keen…do it Xbox! This could be a XGP deal, maybe the folks who did Battletoads could tackle it if it was a 2D thing. Or if they wanted to go 3D, the Hat in Time devs could nail it, or the person who did Pumpkin Jack.

Also really wonder if they’ll do anything with Arx Fatalis or Quake moving forward. They’re already packed in both genres.

That would be so freaking crazy not to do. What’s the point at all of such an acquisition then? It’s exactly franchises like thst which will draw the crowds to your platform.

Ah yes, let’s keep the talk in that thread.