Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Sure though I would point you to Sik and Ed saying again and again if you want to chat take it to community.

Complaining about the gifs does more to derail the discussion that actually posting the gifs.

Let people have their fun and just flag and move on.

On Topic:

Really hope the new 3rd Party AAA exclusive by XGP isn’t a GaaS game. I know that Phil loves Destiny and it would be a huge “get” to be the exclusive publisher for Bungie’s “Matter” but I got burnt out on Destiny and Outriders is only saved by being JUST different enough to scratch that GaaS itch without going full Destiny.

My mobile browser disagrees.

4 Likes

I suspected this was about that. Sorry you have slow internet, or an old phone, or whatever it is, but aren’t you basically saying, I’m not enjoying this, so no one should?

Not so much about this thread, but when you talk about the not wanting them in the Community one. That’s a step too far, to me

The only GaaS game I can stand at this time is Sea of Thieves (Forza Horizon 4 if it also counts)

EDIT: I mean “shared world multiplayer” GaaS games. I guess Forza Horizon 4 counts as well, it’s kinda GaaSy.

Techincally a single player game can be GaaS.

2 Likes

Few days without news… and the entire thread melts down. :joy:

3 Likes

It will pick up again, when the news starts coming in. Which should be soon. These kinds of things were happening last time it was news heavy too and it wasn’t a problem. Now there’s just nothing else but idle shit talk and jokes

Speaking of which, I’m going to stop engaging in this now. At least here

3 Likes

Apparently and according to some, Xbox has launched very few games since the pandemic started. These are all the games, expansions and updates game studios belonging to Xbox first party (or under Xbox Game Studios Publishing) have launched since March, 2020 (so in the last 12 months):

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps and its Switch port
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator and updates
  • Gears Tactics
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Wasteland 3
  • Minecraft Dungeons and DLC
  • Gears 5 Hivebusters and other updates to Gears 5
  • Grounded’s early access and other updates
  • Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition and DLC
  • Tell Me Why
  • Battletoads
  • Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition: Lords of the West
  • Forza Street and updates
  • State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition and updates
  • The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon and Murder on Eridanos
  • Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part I and Part II
  • Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 PC ports
  • New content for Sea of Thieves
  • New content for Halo TMCC

The amount of content Xbox already puts out in only a year is kinda crazy.

12 Likes

I would prefer gif with swapped faces of God Howard, Kojima or Big Phil. Maybe Nadella. Something fun, rather than random gifs.

1 Like

I like the cut of your jib.

They will move the goal posts since some are ports

1 Like

He was being extremely vague. He didn’t want to give it away.

I took “connected world” to mean GaaS, because I’m cynical as fuck.

Is it or is Mojang kinda messy

God damn I can’t wait to play tthis Game

Halo Infinite - Official Campaign Gameplay Premiere_1

12 Likes

COVID maybe? If not then Mojang is really becoming Atlus :joy:

Does anyone have a list of games that are “connected worlds”…

Something that’s shared over multiple games even if the games aren’t sequels?

Like off the top of my head:

• Remedy with the Control/AW universe
  • FromSoftware with the Souls universe having recurrant themes and characters

There’s not alot of prominent AAA 3rd Parties out there (or if they are they are publishers) so I can’t think what the hell he could be talking about.

2 Likes

Persona and SMT?

How many people work at Mojang?

Is Minecraft really that hard to dev? Like this is just an update on caves and cliffs, how hard could it be?

Covid

1 Like

Obvious one is Respawn with Titanfall and Apex Legends

Another was Crystal Dynamics with Legacy of Kane and Soul Reaver. Though I don’t know if that example is too on the nose, for what you’re getting at. Given the amount of intertwining going on there

2 Likes