Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Since there’s no welcome thread and this is “the thread for things that don’t deserve a thread”, I figured I’d drop by and say hello here. Hi everyone! Just joined XboxEra!

On the other hand, more on-topic, I hope we get to see some of the upcoming Xbox WRPGs at E3. I’m so excited for Avowed in particular, you wouldn’t even believe it. I wonder if the fact that its reveal was in-engine is indicative of it being well underway in terms of development progress of if it’s also one of those “many years away” projects.

I also wonder which is further along, Forza Horizon or Forza Motorsport, and the likelihood that we’ll see one if we also see the other at E3. Horizon is fantastic but Motorsport has much more room for improvement at the moment and I’m much more excited about seeing the latter.

13 Likes

There is a Community Hangout thread and a Introduce Yourself thread in the off-topic section :wink:

But welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

Oh! And I even looked for it too. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Avowed would probably be a late 2022 or early 2023 game. Not sure whether we’ll see gameplay at E3 for Avowed. Besides, there is now a genuine window problem - how do you keep gaps between Avowed, TES6 and Fable.

FH5 would be off the older Forza Tech and FM is going to introduce a new Forza tech, so they might be both far along in development. But have heard Jeff and Jez now hinting at FH5 releasing first.

Naughty naughty Saverius!

So we need, favourite colour, crisp flavour, inside leg measurement and why Sausage rolls are the greatest things ever made!

and welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

https://forum.xboxera.com/t/introduce-yourselves/

5 Likes

Sponger says InExile have a 2nd team working on another game, but this is very early pre production. Sort of an incubation team with great external support. Also to expect radio silence from them for the next year.

5 Likes

They had 3 teams before right? Though I assume they all went to their big project.

This incubation team sounds a lot like how Mistwalker used to work with Ms, hopefully like them they will also be able to manage 2+ games at once since the development will be all external.

And it looks like their big project is about to enter full production then, so perhaps a late 2023 or even 2024 release.

Has Sponger give any updates on if he still expects Avowed reveal this year and even a possible release next year?

Or…if the Gunk is successful…work on the next Gunk. Ya know…the game and universe that the team built.

8 Likes

Yes pigeonholing teams into making what we might want is nice in theory on a forum, but teams should work on whatever they can get a budget to make and have a passion for.

6 Likes

If Xbox can actually manage to have all this released this year (not all up to them though)

Halo Infinite, FH5, Starfield, Psychonauts 2 and

CrossfireX, The Gunk, The Ascent, 12 Minutes, Stalker 2, Warhammer.

That would be pretty damn great, even if not all of them make it. For example Stalker 2. If we don’t get a big update with gameplay on that this E3 it’s not this year. CrossfireX too, really would like an update.

FH 5 using old gen tech Makes sense and probs why they have got the game out so fast. I think FH 6 will be a huge jump, and will see the series be given a break

Hmm Forza would tie in to my theory that a new branch launches this year

I’d love to see a Forza akin to Need For Speed Underground or Midnight Club.

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Finally, Perfect Dark Kart.

3 Likes

Why do we need a 3rd series entry into Forza. This is what I would start calling overkill lol.

2 Likes

combining this post with what sponger has said previously about inxiles projects (that its related to the events of the past year) I wonder if they are doing something star wars? I know everyone (including me) assumed that it must be something to do with a bethesda ip, but it does seem like it lines up a bit better to be something star wars.

Random list of info

1. been worked on for 2.5 months apparently, so started in February. which lines up with lucasfilm asking for game pitches in january
  2. George Lucas asked Brian Fargo to run lucasfilm games around 2000, so maybe he would just greenlight their proposal
  3. idk I didnt have enough points for a list really

Forza Nascar ? Forza MotoGP ? Forza Drone Racing League ? Forza Red Bull Air Race World Championship ?

:laughing: