Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Come on let’s not go too crazy now. Chances of all those games being multiplatform are very slim I’d say, very slim. There doesn’t seem to be any contract for Starfield, highly doubt one exists for TES 6, so that’s really up to Phil. Would be downright fucked up and also awkward if much more appears to still be tied to deals, I don’t believe it.

With one year delay Halo must deliver - whatever it takes. Every feature will be heavily scrutinized and every missing feature will be questioned.

I still have no idea who came up with the notion that the games are contractually obligated to appear on some consoles many years in advance. Devs don’t even know if the game will be cancelled or not.

Maybe Sony could’ve bought every timed exclusivity it could knowing that MS was getting Bethesda.

But I’d doubt Bethesda would let that happen. They got Ghostwire and Deathloop and that’s it, I believe.

Well in that case the Everwild trailer is basically the same? Both show the world in engine this is a fact only because in one trailer the camera was closer to the character doesn’t make it more or less special.

1 Like

Man, I never noticed until now how incredibly well-made that gameplay demo was put together.

6 Likes

As of January :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you know what is the game about and how you are gonna play it?

Not me but

Is false

4 Likes

They didn’t say that nor is this true.

The game is in active development. The team knows exactly what they want to achieve with Everwild. Of course they play around with gameplay ideas in the middle of development. It would be really bad if they wouldn’t.

It’s funny. Just because people can’t categorise something because it’s unique, we suddenly have “no idea what the game is about”, which is simply not true. Rare creates unique games which are hard to compare. This is what makes their games special to begin with, just like people had or have problems comparing Sea of Thieves to anything.

It means Rare is creating an unique game, just like most of their games. Sea of Thieves to this day is a one-of-a-kind game in this industry as well. Everyone is constantly asking “what is Everwild?” and that only proves that it won’t be easy to simply “categorize” the game.

I think we absolutely do have an idea what Everwild is. A third-person open-world action-adventure in which you protect the life in the world, explore & find secrets, connect with creatures, focused on a co-op / shared experience. All the varied creatures have different purposes in the world the Eternals can make use of and a big emphasis is on exploring the world and its multiple biomes.

It’s just that people always want to find similar games to compare but Everwild will be an unique experience.

24 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: can’t wait to see what Everwild will be. I have high expectations!

1 Like

What if I told you that gameplay footage shown at most of these conferences are just as fake? Source: 30+ years of watching vertical slices look and play nothing like the final product.

12 Likes

Thanks my friend, you beat me to the punch. There was some peak disingenuous takes that needed responding to.

11 Likes

I am pretty sure there is no contracts on what platforms the game should be released. Like at all. It is all about what the publisher will decide whether it is worthy spending money on developing the version of the game. Nobody pays devs if they want to release the game on all the platforms after all. And we saw with Xbox One that the games easily skipped it.

I mean it would look pretty stupid no? Imaging buying a publisher and spending years on developing the games for other platforms. If there were contractual obligations nobody would bother with exclusivity deals.

Not. This. Shit. Again.

7 Likes

I think we need our hero now.

Xbox GIF by Xboxlatam

15 Likes

Here we go again…

2 Likes

Honestly Idc anymore :skull:

I replied the other day. Your turn guys ! :laughing:

We do? Source.

1 Like

I love how people assume that Disney is going to force them to put Indiana Jones on PlayStation. Uhhh have you heard of Spider-Man? Disney owns that too, that only thing Spider-Man related that Sony owns the rights for are the movie rights. Disney owns everything else and Sony cut a deal to get an exclusive Spider-Man game the same way the made a deal for avengers or iron man vr. Spider-Man is infinitely bigger than Indiana Jones so if one can happen the other can. Now I’m not saying that it will for sure be exclusive, but Disney has shown examples of allowing this to happen.

2 Likes