Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Went from AAA to episodic AA smh

4 Likes

lmao :joy:

xBoXeRa hAs nO Ot-ThReAds

3 Likes

Its all forum fodder!

1 Like

Damn I need a new Fallout… :frowning:

Do we know how many people work at Bethesda Austin specifically ?

I hope that once the acquisition is complete that Microsoft will expand and elevate the studio so they can start working on Fallout 5 (with some help from Bethesda Maryland once Starfield is done) while still supporting Fallout 76. Especially since Gardiner is here since Fallout 4 development and seems open to the idea of making a single-player Fallout.

Ideally, my dream for the future of the Fallout franchise would look like this this:

• Fallout 5 by Bethesda Austin set in New York

• Fallout: Return to New Vegas outsourced to a 3rd-party developer and supervised by Obsidian (remake of New Vegas with all of the cut content, the overhauled Creation engine, quality of life improvements (sprint, FO4 gunplay…). Well, giving access to the new Bethesda’s engine to a 3rd-party developer may be impossible, so I don’t know who would make it actually…)

• the planned sequel to FNV, Fallout: Los Angeles by Obsidian (by the main team after Avowed has released, I think that Cain and Boyarsky will stick to The Outer Worlds 2)

• a new isometric Fallout having the look of Wasteland 3 (but Obsidian and inXile are both too busy and I don’t see them returning to isometric RPGs, Beamdog would be a good fit maybe)

This is just me doing an unrealistic wishlist but I truly hope that we won’t have to wait for TES6 to release for the next Fallout game to enter in full production (and it would be even further away when considering the major delays caused by COVID on internal schedules, I guess there is good chance that TES6 may arrive later than initially planned before COVID because of the situation).

The wait is already unbearable as a Fallout fan (thankfully I never played TES games, so I don’t have to experience the wait between Skyrim and TES6 :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:).

At least there should be the Fallout TV series on Amazon Prime soon.

9 Likes

Did they really love the puzzles. In my (small) circle that was one of the things that many said turned them off

Did some tweaking and studio updates/projects like Adding Indy for Machine.

Was tempted to add some other…“rumoured” stuff but thought I’d hold off as to not cause a stir or get anyone in trouble.

17 Likes

Such a tease lol. Care to say whether it is stuff to do with XGS, Bethesda or both?

1 Like

5 Likes

Both

11 Likes

Hive Busters is no longer Upcoming for The Coalition. Also isn’t Zenimax online making a new game?

Thanks. Updated Hivebusters.

As to Zenimax…yeah, see above

1 Like

bring Crackdown 4 :terry: is sustainable? :chief_think: :giphy: :thinking:

XboxERA congratulations on the 4 OT :clap:. a lot of things coming and happening. we will have a lot to discuss here in the summer. :grinning:

Excellent as always! Love the title.

1 Like

Excellent. OT 4 off to a good start.

Glad you held off putting hints in @Shpeshal_Nick I just want to see it when it is announced, last year was tough on the Dev community, I wanna see them get their day in the sun

I only see Commander Keen, I was thinking of this, https://www.windowscentral.com/zenimax-online-studios-new-engine-aaa-ip

Ok cool, edited

1 Like

you guys think you’d have played hivebusters as a full game on its own with more missions? I know I would. I really liked the banter and relationship between the 3 characters. The addition of Cole’s daughter added to their dynamic. I think if they released a separate full campaign about them, I’d play the heck out of it

Zenimax Online has at least 2 unnanounced projects actually (though one could be a mobile game and the other one the AAA new IP at San Diego)

2 Likes

No this isn’t sustainable

5 Likes