Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. That’s entirely different.

Fallout 76…

Another good example.

Remember the save Player 1 campaign that Bethesda launched?

1 Like

2017 right?

I think so.

:grinning:

MORE talent coming

in the most advanced studio of XGS with its own engine, FTech. :green_heart: :muscle: :facepunch:

6 Likes

I hope that MS will expand a lot Bethesda Austin so they can start working on Fallout 5 as soon as possible (ideally this year or next year).

My wishlist would look like this:

• Fallout 5 by Bethesda Austin set in New York
  • Fallout: Los Angeles (planned sequel of New Vegas) by Obsidian (main team) after Avowed releases in 2022-2023 (I think that Cain and Boyarsky will work on The Outer Worlds 2 even though they are the creators of Fallout)
  • a remake of Fallout: New Vegas with the cut content+new content and built with the Creation engine + FO4’s gunplay
  • bonus: a new isometric Fallout that would look similarly to Wasteland 3 (I don’t think that Obsidian or inXile will make another CRPG so that would have to be outsourced)

Ideally, MS would need a proper Fallout team but that would take too much time to form I guess. Anyway, I need more Fallout ASAP, don’t want to wait 2027 or 2028 :pensive:

6 Likes

Deathloop’s marketing is terrible. Just awful all around. All the people I’ve talked to about it still don’t understand how the mechanic the game resolved around works and I can’t blame them. They find it confusing.

It’s going to bomb hard, there is no arguing about that. Such a shame.

1 Like

I think we see a new Fallout game in 2025. Just too much sales potential in a New Vegas sequel.

We need a Obsidian Fallout sequel MORE than we need a new Outer Worlds.

Fuckin’ fight me.

6 Likes

Sorry I think they’ll be a new Fallout in 2027

You’re right.

I’m with you in the battle to come.

1 Like

2 Likes

Except Obsidian’s IP is Outer Worlds …

Doesn’t matter. Xbox owns Obsidian, Xbox will own Fallout. They will make the two kiss.

I wanna see what they can actually do with Outer Worlds on full budget rather than a fallout spinoff

2 Likes

Outer World was fine when we thought the chances of another Obsidian Fallout were zero.

It was fine wanna-be Fallout. Now we can have the real thing.

The Outer Worlds is the “We Have Food at Home” response to when you ask your Mom for McDonalds.

2 Likes

While I have yet to play ToW

tenor

For me, Fallout is first an Obsidian / InXile IP.

Those are the ones from the ashes of Black Isles.

Bethesda never trully succeed to make a great Fallout game, Obsidian nailed it with a rushed spin off which is now one of the highest rated RPG of all time with the same tools and the same game system.

Obsidian understand Fallout because it’s their boy, Bethesda make a The Elder Scrolls conversion of it, and it’s fine, fun and great in a way, but has little to do with Fallout.