Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

YAY! :expressionless:

I would love to sit down with the MS team and explain to them how Inside Xbox could be better. I know, regardless of how I personally feel about it, that itā€™s a lot of hard work for everyone that makes it, but it could be something to look forward to, instead of it being a source of mockery from a lot of the ā€˜hardcoreā€™ out there.

7 Likes

But whoā€™s to say they are not changing the formula as we speak ?

Since Xbox have 23 studios, they should do :

• one Xbox game Showcase at the start of each year (like february) to show what are we going to have on gamepass for the year + a lot of announcement of new game/gameplay from XGS and release date, a showcase for Xbox fan

• one E3 with big announcement/trailer/gameplay from XGS + trailer/gameplay from third party partner + announcement for acquisition or partnership with big studio and other important news like XCloud expansion

• Inside " insert name of the game" , kind of Nintendo direct/state of play focus only on one game to show it deeply. Not for Bethesdaā€™s game, only for the most expensive XGS production like Fable or Perfect Dark

The current format for Inside Xbox is not necessary, the content of inside Xbox so far can just be summarize by tweet/blogpost. The Xbox game showcase would show Xbox fan why they are here, the E3 conference would show PS/Nintendo fans why they should buy Xbox and the Inside conferences why Xbox players should play Xbox game

2 Likes

Inside Xbox May 2020 was one of the best in the last years. I would also say, Xbox Games Showcase, I think this event could happen at any time. Xbox has 2 types of online events that can rival State and Direct.

theres the ā€œX0 eventā€ too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They also need to nail Forge (and they will !). It was fantastic in Halo 5 (and a huge step forward comparing to Halo 4) and it led to thousands of very good (and impressive) maps created by the community. Including a lot of great mini-games, racing maps, etc.

Forge will be super huge in a Halo F2P multiplayer combined with a good custom game browser. Both Forge and the Custom game browser arrived after launch in Halo 5. I hope the delay will mean that these are included in the game day one.

I read that Tom French (director of Halo 5 Forge) got promoted as Multiplayer director of Infinite after Halo 5 (and it seems heā€™s still at 343 working on the MP).

https://twitter.com/pardontomfrench/status/1336463528077619201

State of play Is similar to Inside Xbox. So MS could show It every month

You should try to ask with Aaron Greenberg. Heā€™s a good guy.

8 Likes

Fake but I hope it was not.

Canā€™t wait to play the flights

Two things:

Inside Xbox SHOULD be totally overhauled and merged with Xbox Game Showcase. Inside Xbox/Game Showcase should be the directs/State of Plays that can happen before E3/GamesCom/XO/TGA.

Example: Keep Quakecon, but hold it as Inside Xbox/Xbox Games Showcase presents Quakecon. You need to get that Xbox branding on anything Bethseda now. Mark your territory.

Second thing:

There almost has to be a Inside Xbox/Game Showcase before June/July. First look at Halo Multiplayer/Beta Information/Graphics Overhaul, Psychonauts 2 final look, date to be tied around the finalization of Bethesda acquisition. People (the press) are going to want answers. Microsoft canā€™t just finalize the Bethesda, then just carry on and say ā€œWait till E3 timeā€. Shit will leak, people are going to want to know how to hype Deathloop/Tokyo Ghost Wire etc. Finalize the deal, maybe have a little show showing more on Flight Sim Console, Psychonauts 2, then maybe announce ONE Bethesda game with a teaser ā€œMore in Julyā€. This second thing is really just for me because if I have to wait to motherducking June/July for more news Iā€™m going to lose my mind.

What do you believe the chances are of having a single player expansion every year? Thanks.

Microsoft announced Everwild, State of Decay 3, Fable and Perfect Dark years in advance. They will most likely announce Wolfenstein III once the ZeniMax acquisition is completed.

I agree the beginning of the year is typically slow for news

Because 4 didnā€™t have it at all, and 5 got it late. Plus I didnā€™t love how they handled it in 5 anyway.

Really donā€™t like the idea of only focusing on one game at all. Thatā€™s not what a Nintendo Direct does and thereā€™s a reason they are so much bigger than State of Play.

1 Like

???

I like the ā€œInside Halo Infiniteā€ idea a lot

1 Like

Those are specifically announced for those games. No different than State of Play dedicated to individual ones like the Tsushima one.

1 Like

I wish Sony had more fun with the names for their game specific presentations

ā€œState of Tsushimaā€

ā€œThe State of Us: Part IIā€

Missed opportunities :disappointed:

???

Compare the views on those to a standard Nintendo Direct. Besides, those never take the place of one, like was suggested. Theyā€™re clearly not labeled as ā€œNintendo Directsā€.

Xbox has too much content that doesnā€™t get a spotlight, such as Hivebusters. It wouldā€™ve such a waste to do one game.

I just want a couple bigger Xbox shows throughout the year sprinkled in with gameplay and interviews of games coming out soon (non world premier stuff).

1 Like