Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Haptics are good but a bit overhyped. I touched a DualSense controller at my cousin with high expectations, and while they were met with Astro, I felt a bit disappointed by the rest of the games. Good feature to have but not essential for me for now. Maybe later if MS decides to incorporate them too, 3P will have excellent uses for them across all games.

1 Like

Im not really interested in arguing over semantics.

Interesting to see if the Hellblade team increases in size, NT said that around 40-50 devs will be working on Senuas saga or if they will be focused on the other 2 projects. NT currently has around 130 devs.

2 Likes

No shit guys, I have flown this first part (Schloss Neuschwanenstein, Germany) in real life and itā€™s as impressive as in this game. They really nailed this, so beautiful. Canā€™t wait for the console release in summer.

10 Likes

But would you sacrifice battery life for it too? I mean Sony made them optional and still with them disabled the battery life doesnā€™t come near Xbox. I really donā€™t want to trade in battery life for features Iā€™ll barely use.

1 Like

Not sure what controllers have to do with Xbox Game Studios tbhā€¦

5 Likes

Thatā€™s true, Iā€™m stopping on my part.

Now it is basiclly confirmed that Arkane next project is a new IP what might this be?

1 Like

Wasnā€™t there some vampire-rumours floating around? Or am I confusing it with something elseā€¦

1 Like

Lets hope its Dishonored 3 or a new IP cause Prey(2017) is a no go from me give Prey to Roundhouse and let them make the true Prey 2

Avowed might be quite a while away but damn I wish it was coming sooner than it probably is. I hope we see a update at the very least this year.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more, and I have so many thoughts about it and the overall state of Obsidian (one of my favorite developers for nearly 20 years). Having fallen in love with Pillars, but not completed either one yet, Iā€™m ready for a Skyrim-esque high-quality romp through Eora. Given the talent at the studio, and the additional resources Xbox can provide, I refuse to temper my expectations. Hell, now that Bethesda will also be under the umbrella there are some great opportunities for some cross-pollination of knowledge/expertise, given how open and cross-communicative the teams appear to be since Phil/Matt took over things.

6 Likes

Youā€™re right, for a second I forgot this was the XGS thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know I tend to be overtly positive about the state of Xbox post-2014 and more-so post-2018, but I cannot think of an analogous period for any of the big hardware manufacturers in the history of the industry. Iā€™m solely speaking about the potential of Xbox given its massive stable of development teams and industry-shaking ventures like Game Pass. Even if Microsoft didnā€™t purchase any additional studios, which the leadership at Xbox and Microsoft have implied otherwise, Xbox Game Studios still houses more studios, IP, and creative teams than any of the first-parties in history.

That point is not a point of detriment to any other party, it is simply a statement of positivity to where Xbox is at in the current moment. I think their output in 2020, despite the effect COVID had on the industry, is a hopeful sign of things to come!

14 Likes

could not agree more.

3 Likes

I am hoping it is a 2022 game and we see gameplay (or at least an in engine trailer) in the E3 time frame. Its possible they choose to focus on Starfield though.

Iā€™m not too far into the game and I havenā€™t played too much of the prior DQ games, but the game seems fine. It is basically the standard ā€œClassic JRPGā€. It is supposed to follow all of the old cliches, heck it even has that 2D mode that plays exactly like the old games. Iā€™m liking that the game follows that basic formula, fight monsters, level up, fight harder monsters, find better weapons, etcā€¦

Oh man, thatā€™s awesome.

Started with Tell me Whyā€¦

DontNod didnā€™t add in a performance and resolution mode? That surprises me. Iirc their previous game did have a performance mode and it was great.

Not easy going from so many 60fps games now to 30fps again :sweat_smile:

Yes, vampires. These are the last rumors from resetera.

1 Like