Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Ubiplay for GP i can see, but not Ubisoft as a whole?

… Ok whatever you say haha

1 Like

Ah, it would help if I actually listened to the podcast.

1 Like

Only on this forum will you read that getting Warner Bros IP licensing is a bad thing cause god forbid xbox gets exclusive content in any shape.

“You don’t own the ip” ok but you get the games regardless which is what you the gamer should care and it brings people to game pass.

3 Likes

The facts it’s been reported by almost every Xbox insider that they are still talking to big publishers today says otherwise

1 Like

There’s a cool place to talk about acquisitions :point_down:

4 Likes

There are no facts with this. You put too much belief in insiders. An acquisition the size of Bethesda takes time to assimilate and incorporate. Its business, the idea they will buy Sega, Ubi, WB anytime soon is ridiculous

Sure is :wink:

2 Likes

need more on this :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just saw that Halo infinite is on the store now

12/30/2021 release date?

1 Like

Placeholder until they officially announce the date which won’t happen until their Games Showcase in the summer.

Nothing wrong with talking about acquisitions in this topic as we’re just preparing for the future. :grin:

3B player, needs more languages…

5 Likes

Localisation is a sore point for Xbox. PlayStation is miles ahead in this regard. The biggest PlayStation exclusives get localized even for some small countries while xbox continues to ignore even some big markets. If they really want to reach those billions of gamers they boast about, they’ll have to localize. I’m not talking about full voice localization, I’m talking about captions and ui. That has to be doable.

4 Likes

3rd party realizes that also …

1 Like

PlayStation is miles ahead in Localisation and it’s sad. Having Arabic and south east asian languages makes PlayStation the obvious choice in those respective regions.

2 Likes

Yep. Until these fundamental things are addressed, I don’t wanna hear jack shit about how Xbox simply buying studios and publishers in those regions will solve their problems.

2 Likes

PlayStation even has localization in Croatian language. So they localize for a country of 4 millions of people! Even if we count some of the neighboring countries, that’s max 15 millions of people, while Microsoft doesn’t bother with very big regions.

Opening to more regions than traditional ones is what Microsoft needs now. They’ve got plenty of studios, two good consoles, now make all of that more approachable to other regions. Having stores, localizations, etc is what’s needed.

6 Likes

I’ve got it on my fantasy critic :sunglasses:

1 Like

No insider knew about Bethesda, but it’s easy for anyone to say it now because MS have admitted to looking for new acquisitions. The insiders will know at the same time as us.