Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

can we keep the Digital Foundry talk in the Digital Foundry thread

3 Likes
2 Likes

Looking forward to Gears 6 as long as it’s more like Hivebusters (linear, action sequences, no filler, etc.) than Gears 5. I would love to see a survival horror Gears game in between Gears 6 and Gears 7. They have the monsters and everything already so it would easily fit.

As for Game Pass subscriptions, it was 10m as of March 31st, 2020. It’s over 20m as of December 31st, 2020. Forget Gears 5. It was and still is the Covid-19 pandemic that’s increasing the subscription numbers. Add in the two new consoles and there you go.

I really enjoyed Gears 5 and I enjoyed most of the open world sections too. If they are going the semi open world exploration route, I want to see full towns or see how the gears world lives and operates rather than empty buildings.

4 Likes

Please not the Gears talk again.

9 Likes

Let the Gears talk Die. Please. Or please Discuss under the Gears Thread.

8 Likes

Strongly agree… Couldn’t care less :neutral_face:

1 Like

:eye: :lips: :eye: :raised_back_of_hand:

4 Likes

Now guys what could it be :o

Have somebody mentioned ge…:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I have no idea but man, it seems Xbox really isn’t done getting studios added to XGS. Shouldn’t be too surprising, Satya said it too last year. But it sounds like big stuff!

1 Like

I mean the game leave the acquisition talk to where it belongs :yum:

We don’t discuss acquisitions in this thread? Oh that’s also for the other thread?

Normally yes I think but I won’t tell anyone :smirk: but in truth at this point I don’t really care to discuss about acquisitions I’m here for the games :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Horizon 5 is a safe bet but what else… what else…

when Microsoft can finally hold another bombastic style e3 style conference inside the Microsoft theater you know what I want to see? I live orchestra like sony did during their e3 2016 conference. It really adds to the atmosphere before you watch a great showing, just imagine them doing this right before showing off Elder Scrolls 6 to the world except with Inon Zur

Sony Press Conference Orchestra - Live at E3 2016 - YouTube

1 Like

This thread: Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh? - #4687 by ThereAreFourNaan

1 Like

If covid wasn’t a thing would of loved a halo orchestra

Yep exactly. Forza horizon 4 did 12 million in one year. Dominates the most played chart 2.5 years after release. Probably has 20 million players by now… all without steam. And yes SOT has put up amazing numbers.

Both of those games are examples of how successful a service game can be. Halo mcc, and halo5 are still charting well 5+ years after release.

Gears is Microsoft’s 8th most played game(including bethesda) in the US right now acording to the Microsoft store. All 7 ahead of gears where released before it. The game absolutely bombed on steam.

Coalition deserves better. They are probably Microsoft’s best studio. They could be making the next halo, or the next fallout. Instead they are stuck on a decaying franchise.

If gears 6 does similar numbers to 5 or continues on this downward trajectory i fully expect the team to become a 2 team studio(if they haven’t already)

2 Likes

Don’t you guys get tired?

3 Likes

Gears is fine and sold a lot of subs. The series will continue

2 Likes