Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

I’m so ready for the rumoured Arkane Austin Vampire game. ImmSim expertise + Vampires? It’s like heaven for me…

6 Likes

Hope so. Lol.

So we’re all in agreement the collector’s edition of Indiana Jones should at least have a Drew Struzan cover or artwork right?

I still want to play Psychonauts too. How did it aged? I heard it is the most creative platformer on the market and still good…

Have I mentioned that I’m excited for the xbox lineup?

It’s pretty good but those expectations seem a bit hyperbolic :sweat_smile:

Very fun 3D platformer with a unique hook, I’ll say that

2 Likes

After reading things like this, it wouldn’t make any sense to have them stay multiplatform

2 Likes

I’m more about the setting. :@●

I see the value for Microsoft to bring games exclusively to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass in the future. It’s an ecosystem play that’s vital to their future. But, games that are already in production (Wolfenstein 3, Starfield, etc.) could just be released multiplatform. Currently the ‘cloud’ and ‘services’ competition isn’t as fierce. So having the game come to GP day one is already a powerplay.

Before… I was known as Under_The_Killing_Su… from which I took with me from my days of ResetEra asshattery.

At long last, the name of old shame has been washed away… I come to you now as …

ProgStopper

17 Likes

Hold on Gandalf

I can see Wolfenstein 3 being multiplatform. It’s the end of a trilogy and it’s been on development for quite long time. Also games that have a Online Focus, like TESO and Fallout 76.

But Starfield, Arkane Austin next game, TES VI and whatever Zenimax has in development (yet to announce) needs to be exclusive.

MS needs to send a message that if you want to enjoy Bethesda Games, you have to jump in into their system and services. If i can play Starfield or the next TES on the PS5, why the hell would i get a Xbox, or subscribe to Gamepass? Even though MS would receive $ from those PS5 copies, the main goal of having new subscribers into their services / systems wouldn’t be accomplished

3 Likes

looks so good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So where do we line up to get our Avatars with Indy hats?

Ah ok thanks, I had no idea about this.

Yea I think it will be exclusive until proven otherwise I will be assuming that

1 Like

If Indy was going to be multiplform it would have said platforms at the end. If it is exclusive Xbox won’t say till aquisition is over.

1 Like

Another thing to consider here on why it will be exclusive. Think about Netflix paying for exclusive rights to Marvel franchises, or reboots/sequels of previous movies.

It’s no different here with Game Pass. Some very interesting exclusive content will be bought now that Game Pass has 15-20 million subscribers. Games rarely sell that many units but now Game Pass enables that entire base to have access to that game. The model has transformed.

2 Likes

Same here. It’ll have been 4.5 years since Prey when late 2021 rolls around. Unless their work on Wolfenstein Youngblood occupied the entire studio. If that did happen, it could be a 2023 release. UE4 instead of UE5 tells me it’s an early 2022 release. UE5 will be available in 3 months.

1 Like

Youngblood was Lyon. They’ve been working on this for 3 years since Mooncrash.

1 Like

That is true. It could be an Outer Worlds type play of get people hooked and then make exclusive.

That said, I also see Starfield as exclusive because it’s a new IP and so early in the gen. Resetera and to a lesser extent here still views Sony as dominant but in reality, they’re both back to square one. OG Xbox was slaughtered by PS2 but 360 went head to head. PS3 went from a DOA flop to a worthy successor in its own right over 4 years. Nintendo went from their biggest gen ever to the Wii U selling a fifth of what the Xbox One did to the Switch decimating the charts. So it does also make sense to hold firm and incentivize early adoption.

I think what Sony does matters too. If their Game Pass competition is lets add an extra game to games with gold and stay the course with PSNow as an option, I don’t see MS bothered. If it’s lets moneyhat, put our games day one and get into bidding wars with MS for content to make PS Now the new Game Pass, then MS might be singing a very different tune.

2 Likes