Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

What’s poppin’ gamers?

I wonder what the ongoing content for everwild will be like? assuming there are ongoing updates

I think it will be like sea of thieves, where they started with just general updates and then are just now introducing the plunder pass system. I dont know why but I think introducing a battlepass type system day 1 is a bit ballsy? maybe its not though

Just waiting on Obsidian to drop their Series X enhanced patch for Outer Worlds so I can buy the season pass already.

3 Likes

Sup,

I am waiting for The Medium now, really hoping it’s good. Bloober’s games have always had some cool elements going for it, but they haven’t delivered a homerun yet. I don’t need it to be the next Resident Evil, but if it has a interesting story, nice atmosphere, on point graphics and steady framerate it’s enough for me.

I wonder when the reviews come, no matter, I will start playing it as soon as it’s there.

Amazing story. That’s why Sea of Thieves is an incredible game.

3 Likes

Although I can’t complain because so many of the upcoming first party games are right in my wheelhouse, I still selfishly wish that a talented studio like Rare would work on a game that is interesting for me personally.

1 Like

Looks nice.

Why are people flagging comments that are inoffensive?

2 Likes

I think anything not related to XGS will be flagged onwards.

3 Likes

That seems kinda extreme

2 Likes

The Medium discussion can be in a separate thread.

And I haven’t seen a volunteer yet for the The Medium thread. So if you are looking forward to that game, please make an official thread. This thread is for XGS discussion.

The studios Microsoft now owns, the type of genres they are making, the games they have released and are releasing in the future. Everything created and published by Microsoft goes here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Personally I’d be fine if we threw ALL Xbox exclusive games in one thread, that would include the games published by XGP.

10 Likes

I dont think the medium is XGP

Ahhh right, my bad.

But I mean every Xbox exclusive basically can be discussed in one thread. So whether that’s XGP or by themselves doesn’t matter. But that’s just me. I see no problem with it.

I agree but I dont make the rules haha

I agree on this seems to be a bit strict. Acquisition, general gaming talk elsewhere but straight up xbox exclusives should be allowed to be discussed around here imo. It has still to do with Global Publishing and the perception around Exclusive by Xbox I dunno maybe this decision should be discussed again.

6 Likes

yeah very harsh, i mean if its a trailer for an Xbox GP exclusive game, then why can’t it be posted here? (yesy its not an XGS studio, but still its an Xbox exclusive).

2 Likes

Yeah. Also The Medium will most probably release on ps5 one year down the line.

Has there been a XGP game not named Ori that went on to other platforms? Was Cuphead XGP?

I’m always open for discussing it. Our goal is to be less strict in the community thread and more strict in this one. So everything interesting going on with the 23 Xbox studios (including publishing) can be discussed here. And things like The Medium in a separate thread.

A Microsoft publishing game such as Ori, Microsoft Flight Simulator or the upcoming As Dusk Falls can be discussed here.

I think it would be nice if we had a thread for just XGS discussion to be honest.

But we can re-open the discussion in this one here: The Future of the Xbox Game Studios OT - Gaming - XboxEra .

1 Like

Don’t think so. Super Lucky’s Tale was published by XGP, but New Super Lucky’s Tale wasn’t.