Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

What type of news do you mean if you are talking about acquisition or an event I would say no cause I think they are waiting for the Bethesda deal to be done

1 Like

Was thinking any type of news Xbox related

When I look at Call of Dutys F2P version I’m very hopeful for Infinite. People love to play free games and I hope this explodes as cod did. I hope they knock it out of the park with Big Team Battle 2.0. Always loved the big battles in previous Halo games and Halos sandbox is such a unique experience that I can really see this hit the mark.

Really cant think of any other news you?

We’ve been going back and forth about whether Starfield releases this year or not. Be it the leaker of the (supposedly legit) screenshots saying it’s a 2021 release or Phil Spencer/Xbox mentioning the game left and right at almost every opportunity for a few days. But if the game isn’t revealed between now and “E3”, it sure as hell won’t come this year.

Because there is no way they’ll reveal it during “Gamescom” or just during some surprise event after June. So at least we know that. :slight_smile:

why not? for all we know they could announce it at an Xbox event in August and release it in October/November, or announce it at Quakeconn (wonder if Quakeconn will become a Bethesda + XGS now)

Maybe they will have Xbox Series X blades in the datacenter by then to offer xCloud client for last-gen consoles. That way gamers can play all the new games without needing newer hardware. Yes, its not the same thing as playing locally, but makes more sense for developers than being hamstrung by middle-of-the-road 2013 technology.

So now that we know that Halo Infinite MP won’t require Xbox Live Gold on Xbox, what are your predictions regarding the player count ? (let’s say after 1 month)

Game will launch on Game Pass on:

• Xbox One
  • Xbox Series
  • PC (+ on Steam)
  • xCloud

For comparison, during the first month:

• COD Warzone: 50 million players (launched March 2020 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One)

• Apex Legends: 50 million players (launched February 2019 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One)

Apex and CoD is also on 100 million playstation devices so I dont expect these numbers. But of course I would love to see those numbers with Halo. PC release should help

Oh believe me, I’d love that. But this is a brand new IP, unlike Fallout and TES. I reckon it needs a lot more marketing time?

A spread out marketing campaign doesn’t necessarily mean that the game will get more engagement at launch, if anything It’ll make customers have higher expectations out of the game (Cyberpunk 2077). once it hits YouTube the trailer will go viral like all Bethesda games, people know who Bethesda are. Game Pass titles also don’t need as crazy of a marketing campaign as something like a Rockstar game would because everyone who subscribes has access to those games. Word of mouth works wonders.

1 Like

Here is just another example

The starfield trailer is literally just a logo and it has more views than the fifth game in the Gears of War franchise (the most played Game Pass game at launch was Gears 5).

3 Likes

Yeah there is a crazy hype for Starfield to a point where even Todd Howard is joking about it. Of course it is because of the studios reputation.

In all honesty I don’t even think the average casual gamer has even heard the news that Bethesda has been acquired, let alone even know that Microsoft is the one who acquired them. It’s only going to hit people once Microsoft’s first event with Bethesda comes around. Some people have heard the news and probably completely forgot by now.

1 Like

sorry but that doesnt make sense :sweat_smile:. Gears is restricted to the Xbox community, and Starfield not. this attracts a lot more people. and in 2018 no one knew that MS would buy Bethesda :man_shrugging:

1 Like
  1. The game looks pretty boring from the official trailers they’ve shown, plus it’s a Bloober game.

The fact I’m trying to point out is that Starfield is only in its infancy marketing wise and its already getting a ton of attention.

awesome work klob :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Well yeah it’s a space RPG which hasn’t really been done good, I’m super hyped for it and anything space related. I wish we got more space related games.

1 Like

Agree completely. It’ll hit hard when Jimmy McPlaystation, who fills his time with COD, GTA and Fifa hears that “Skyrim 2” isn’t on PS5

2 Likes