Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Where is that nasty creature from again?

Fallout 3 I think

here you go mate

Yeah, I don’t know how an exclusive Starfield doesn’t bring 5 million people to Game Pass at a minimum.

2 Likes

Don’t do it make these man children sony ponies rage

I’m starting to think maybe MS likes this “will it or won’t it” be exclusive, it’s got people talking about Xbox when otherwise they wouldn’t even speak of Xbox. I can see them holding out on talking about it till their E3 like event. Can you imagine people continuing to ask if the games are going to be exclusive or not, it might get people to tune in who wouldn’t otherwise to find out.

They could start the showcase with EXCLUSIVE and then show Starfield with a big gameplay demo. That would be a massive statement and most likely start to take Xbox seriously.

13 Likes

That’s exactly what’s happening, its taking a life on its own and is great PR. When Xbox announces all games will be exclusive, it will be a massive moment of celebration and fanboys raging.

2 Likes

yeah its awesome publicity. keeping them in the news non stop just about

3 Likes

I can see them continue the “case by case basis” line as it’s true and it will keep people saying oh will this be exclusive or won’t it. But at some point they will cut it and announce all games are exclusive once they got most of the will it or won’t it hype lol. I can see people quickly getting angry of not know though so it’ll be a tight line to walk.

1 Like

For me it’s obvious everything will be exclusive. Phil and his team have dreamt of having these studios as exclusive for years. Now he has

4 Likes

YES PLEASE YES PLEASE YES PLEASE YES PLEASE

1 Like

I agree

Brad Sams specifically mentioned “Gaming IPs” in his tweet, Maybe Warner Bros still doesnt know what to do with their IP, maybe SEnix is trying to sell Deus Ex and others, maybe Xbox is trying to get KOTOR and Indiana Jones from Disney, well se i guess.

1 Like

Hmmm we’ll see

I wonder what gaming IP would Microsoft consider to be a must have for the company? They’d probably love to own Destiny if i had to guess.

Yea thats a good question they should nab knights of the republic that was a huge thing on the original Xbox

Doesn’t EA currently own the video game rights for Star Wars?

The recent IP crossover from movies to games and vice versa got me thinking about the possibility of Xbox getting an IP exclusively say like the Mandalorian or any Marvel character in exchange for Disney+ getting to make a Minecraft/Elder Scrolls series exclusively on their platform.

This could lead to some interesting partnerships, while benefitting both mutually. Currently IPs like Halo and Fallout are being licensed out with Xbox benefiting only through exposure and revenue? Don’t really know how these deals work though.

Yes they own the rights for now, But the license will expire in 2023 , And apparently after Lucasfilm Games recreation It appears that there is no intention to renew the contract from Disney side , And in most cases apparently they will give the rights to more than one development studio like what happens with Marvel ips

I wonder if it will sour the EA/MS partnership if Disney gives MS more IP, even the Starwars IP.

2 Likes