Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

I’m interested in trying it, especially Astroboy, but have to say a lot of the impressions I’ve seen of late haven’t been as glowing beyond that particular implementation. I say Xbox should leave it out this gen unless they definitely have a killer app or 2 planned to use those features, or limit it to the Elite series controllers.

Why would they?

I haven’t received the email. Where would I check? Strangely, every single time I see articles like this, about MS sending emails out to registered users, I never ever get it. Despite MS only having access to a single email address of mine and nothing getting trapped in junk folders.

2 Likes

Not from sale, no. However, if any of those games are available on PS Now, I’d expect that to stop once whatever length agreement expires.

Xbox doesnt need haptics and should keep that away.

Aside from Astro and its neat implementation its absolutely irrelevant.

:o

No Prey 2 in this case :sob:

5 Likes

It’s a nice addition, but the very high praise at the start was a bit too much in my opinion. I mean, if they like it that’s great, but it started to sound like the feature was the second coming of Christ or something. Nah.

It could be cool for some games I guess, but I bet it’s gonna take away from the battery and that’s one thing I would hate. I love, absolutely love the battery life of the Elite V2 and XSX controller. Or the Xbox One controllers for that matter.

And from what I’ve heard the battery life of the DualSense is better than DualShock4, but in my opinion still way too low.

7 Likes

@Staffy battery life been about the same for me or I just havent noticed it being longer on the dualsense.

I am excited for anything new by these people, but man oh man, Prey 2 needs to happen!!!

This should be good! Lovely how many promising RPGs Xbox has in the works now.

Well damn. That’s one thing they really needed to improve drastically, but a little but big time.

It ends on a Cliffhanger maaaan…

1 Like

So we’re 2 months into the generation and you’re not impressed by how its implemented in some cross gen games so its useless?

Xbox needs it and if you don’t want to use it you can simply turn it off. Despite your impressions, a ton of people (press included) love it.

1 Like

It sure as hell did and it’s clear Arkane was planning on making a sequel. I wonder how these things work. I mean MS allows creative freedom, so if Arkane want to make it, can they? The first game sadly didn’t too great from what I recall, maybe that’s why Bethesda had not greenlit it yet? Wonder if MS will greenligjt it.

For now, it is not sure either that it is gonna be used more by third party developers in the years to come. That’s the real test, past the first year.

1 Like

I forgot you can disable the features on the DualSense, kinda crazy that the battery life still isn’t hugely improved even when off.

growth.

7 Likes

Xbox doesnt need none of that because the controller is great the way it is and if it has it or not its irrelevant.

I don’t understand why you’re arguing against added features, added options. What harm is there?

3 Likes

The controller is great the way it is, that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved. Having it is relevant when your competitor has it and people like it.

There is nothing wrong with adopting things the competition has come up with. It is improved rumble at a minimum.

Microsoft should probably add gyros while they are at it.

1 Like

Saying the controller NEEDS it is nonsense. The controller is great as it is and if it brings it over in a future iteration neat I guess but the controller doesnt NEED anything.

3 Likes