Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

After owning Series X console, Personally I don’t think I will get hyped for acquisitions/ GP/ tech news. Gameplay/ Release date, Reveals are what I’m care about.

1 Like

I feel like Greenberg is saying not to expect announcements on the scale of what they did last year. Who knows though…

1 Like

I just don’t understand the hype surrounding acquisitions among xbox fans. You play games, you don’t run studios, so games matter, not studios. Yes, there are no games without studios, and it’s very good that Microsoft is buying studios, but I think current situation is not healthy. On forums you mostly see conversations around which studios ms should buy, could buy or will buy and people posting their pipe dreams and very little about the actual games.

/r

3 Likes

The reason I get hyped about acquisitions more studios mean more games in gamepass day one

9 Likes

^ This. Even if we dont see anything out of it for the next 2 years its still good that they are making games for gamepass

1 Like

That and I just love to see Xbox doing so well again. I know that at the end of the day it’s a corporation, a business but I’ve “been with” these guys since the very first Xbox, loved the hell out of 360, “coped” with Xbox One, especially early days and then came One X and it’s been going uphill from there on. I just love to see Xbox the platform becoming a true force to be reckoned with again.

When Phil Spencer announced that they had Obsidian and then inXile it immediately meant my favorite platform of choice would get even more RPGs, my favorite genre. When they announced Playground as Xbox studio it meant that “dangers” of maybe Sony snagging them wouldn’t exist anymore. And now Xbox is the home for RPGs, it’s fantastic.

The future is very bright for Xbox. :smiley:

7 Likes

This 100%.

Plus, I would love to see Microsoft acquire WB Interactive, Techland, Asobo as well as Cystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal from Square Enix because they all develop/create games I like and im interested in the majority of the games that end up getting released so yeah, the more studios the better especially since without studios, you don’t have the exclusive games and content which is a necessity for Game Pass and the Xbox eco-system.

5 Likes

It’s not exactly a great reason, but an understandable one: Xbox fans have had to listen to a lot of shit-talking about Xbox’s first-party games for a generation. And a lot of them are real sick of it.

I try not to engage that stuff, but I get it.

Since we are talking about exclusives. Probably not true or good considering it came from 4 chan

Defo fake considering all those games run on a 360 emulator custom built for the xbox one only

4 Likes

I agree. All we have received from these studios thus far is grounded and bleeding edge. 341 is delaying halo infinite to infinity, no gameplay of any substantial game from any of the other teams thus far, no real improvement to xbox’ situation when it comes to big, hardware-defining exclusive games. I guess in some years we will get some big games, up until then we…wait.

Yeah this will take too much time and effort to port over the Switch. Can’t see it being worth all that.

1 Like

It would be a miracle they can run the Xbox 360 emulator in ARM architecture… fake. This rumor appears and disappears since the Switch was announced. I think hard to come to the PC too.

4chan :philyuck:

It’s most likely because you seem to harp on this point a lot, which is probably grating on some people. At this point, your feelings on the matter seem to be clear and known.

So to help me avoid seeing all these flags, maybe just leave it now. Everyone is aware how you feel about it. The funny thing is, I mostly agree with you, but same way I annoy people when I harp on about stuff, you harping on about this is annoying people.

6 Likes

Looks like latest insider release fixes Quick Resume on all titles

3 Likes

4 Likes

thats how people use the stairs in 2077. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah… definitely ok with delaying Halo Infinite lol.

1 Like

That would be great, it’s been a bit hit or miss for me. It works great with AC Valhalla now but the other day a Xbox One game didn’t work and for some other titles too. It’s a killer feature, truly next gen too, so if they can have this work flawlessly it would be awesome.

Just got off the XSuite with Major Nelson. May be of interest to you fine folks:

3 Likes