Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

So all that stuff I wrote previously…yeah, Jim Ryan is making it really difficult for the Xbox team to have options to port later. lol

5 Likes

I think people are sleeping on this one. 4 player co-op landing on Game Pass has some interesting potential. Hope it looks nice.

4 Likes

I really liked their previous Warhammer game : Vermintide 2, so I’ve got a good confidence in them.

2 Likes

All the more reason for Microsoft to acquire more game studios, not just a few more, but all the major game studios. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It better be. It’s time to deliver.

3 Likes

Damn right

3 Likes

If its anything like left 4 dead I’m all over it. Still waiting for valve to make the third one

Playing Vermintide 2 should give you a taste of what it is going to be, that is something Left 4 Dead Like.

Have you tried Vermintide 2, World War Z, and Deep Rock Galactic, all on Game Pass?

2 Likes

Hey, I’m down… we need more content for the OT anyway :wink:

1 Like

All fantastic games; I second the recommendations.

1 Like

Oh its that team? That was a very solid looking and playing game. If this is them, coop fans should definitely keep this on the radar.

4 Likes

Yep. They’re both Warhammer games with “-tide” as the title with the same devs. I gotta think that’s on purpose. This should be Vermintide in space.

2 Likes

Yep, Fatshark. At a time I advocated for MS to buy them, but a Chinese company ( I don’t remember if it is Netease or Tencent ) has some shares in them.

1 Like

I was actually about to mention… Vermintide 2 is one of the few games to enter Game Pass, then leave it, then come back. And their next game is Xbox console exclusive and on GP Day 1… I do wonder if something is up there…

1 Like

I hope so, they are very talented and make beautiful games despite a low budget.

1 Like

Yeah. Honestly, I got in some shit on OtherEra for this but I don’t care. Sony lays off the fucking moneyhats of AAA titles (stuff like Stalker 2, Warhammer and Tetris Effect or Bugsnax, Oddworld, Stray and Volcano High are A-Ok in my books), Bethesda games go to PlayStation. It seems fair. In-house developed licensed titles are fine too (Rumoured Silent Hill, Spider Man, Disney Pixar Rush, etc.)

Xbox Game Studios sans Bethesda and PlayStation Studios are about the same size. Enough in-house exclusives for both. But if Sony is gonna do crazy two, three year moneyhats or permanent then Xbox has my full permission to go full exclusive. No qualms whatsoever. They have an ecosystem to maintain and several of these moneyhats are explicitly exclusionary of Xbox. The only reason people freak put when the shoe is on the other foot is platform size. Street Fighter, Persona, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are arguably just as big if not bigger than Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein and Doom yet the media only calls on day and date releases from one third party.

Idk, in the grand scheme of things, as someone who played Bethesda games on PlayStation, the real losers here are the gamers stuck on one platform due to monetary reasons. It’s thoroughly unfortunate and I appreciate MS’s efforts to lower the barrier to entry and hope Sony does the same (they do to an extent with the DE and PS Now). If the moneyhats stop and the acquisition train starts running I have no problems with multiplat Bethesda, but if Sony is going to keep doing this yet MS is expected to play nice because of Market Share and media narratives, I don’t care if they get their hands dirty. Still, I’d rather this shit stop alltogether.

4 Likes

Facts sony is making it harder for me to accept the possibility of bethseda still being multi platform

I’ve had 7.5 billion reasons to doubt it’s multiplatform for a few months now.

9 Likes

Yea ive always doubts too just look at all the other acquisitions outside of minecraft