Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

Natural order of things. Companies doing well want things to stay the same so they keep winning. Companies not on top want change because industry change is when the pecking order changes.

Since gaming attracts so many corporate cheerleaders you get people cheering for the status quo, or change to be fair, even when it isn’t a benefit to them so long as their team keeps winning.

The Initiative must be one of the best trojan horse in gaming. Attract high-quality talent from other top tier gaming studios extract all their knowledge, processes and share it will all the other Xbox studios.

Once the Bethesda deal is completed Xbox will need to host their own GDC for their studios.

2 Likes

Awesome post! Thanks!

My god, this is an all star line up!

You’ve got to go back to the core cause of console wars and fanboys. The entire reason all of this discourse exists is because people buy a single console but they can’t stand the idea of missing out on any games. For whatever reason they can’t buy all of the consoles, like they still need mom to buy it for them, or their S/O would get angry if they bought another toy that does the same thing, etc… So all they are left to do is to try to make sure the console they like “wins”. If their console is the market leader by far then developers have to put their games out that console, well in theory anyway.

MS or other entities not the one you root for buying studios disrupts the whole fanboy system. Now it isn’t just “my console sells more = more games” now some competing company can just buy the studios and take games away and there is nothing they can really do about it. They only thing they can do is double down on the smear campaigns in the hopes of the competition failing.

What you are seeing now are reactions out of fear and desperation.

7 Likes

I want Microsoft to acquire more development studios and publishers because it means more games and content for Game Pass and in general. Second reason would be that I don’t want to see Apple, Amazon or Google acquire development studios or publishers that I like. Hehehe.

3 Likes

doesn’t matter what it’s called, it doesn’t have vrs or mesh shaders.

4 Likes

are you sure?

Unless I get my hand in dev kit documentation, I can never be 100% sure, but Sony hasn’t mentioned any of those features in their official communications and we haven’t seen any of them in Sony’s first party games.

1 Like

I don’t think Human Head was in the healthiest state even prior to the launch of Rune 2 and their rebirth as Roundhouse. In theory they should be hiring up, but:

• They have no website.
  • The old Human Head website is defunct/under construction and has been for a while.
  • The Zenimax jobs page, which lists jobs for all their other studios, has no entry for Roundhouse and does not list any jobs available in the state of Wisconsin (where Roundhouse is located).

Beth “started” Roundhouse almost 12 months ago.

Every other Zenimax studio, even Alpha Dog, lists at least one job and in most cases studios have a lot of job openings. I’m very curious as to what this might imply - perhaps they’re unsure of what their next project will be, or they’re just working on something very small, or they’re acting as a support studio to another team (perhaps assisting with preoproduction work on Elder Scrolls 6 or whatever).

3 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

Now the game will be delayed or cancelled :rofl:

Pls Phil, goes to Asia :phil_unsure:. Great things over there

what a beautiful control :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I swear if Rare won’t talk about the enhancements in the next Sea of Thieves news I kill some paper I SWEAR.

2 Likes

The Game Awards 2020 :slightly_smiling_face:

Before then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When? :slight_smile:

I can’t help but think that would not be a good idea. TGA is where brand new things are announced and teased, would be much better if we’d see TI’s trailer there.

Now that Xbox has so many studios I definitely think we might start to see a Xbox game or two at TGA from now on.

We are talking about a Sea of Thieves update :sweat_smile: