Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

I have been hyped for Xbox Series X for a very long time, and so far it has exceeded my expectations since I have been playing with it since I picked it up at 6:00 AM this morning at Best Buy. The speed of the UI, load times from SSD (about 6 seconds from loading an Assassin’s Creed Valhalla save to being able to play) and the frame rate improvements (120 fps on Gears 5 multiplayer, Dirt 5 and Ori Will of the Wisps) are truly next gen for me.

I can’t wait to keep playing things, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was pretty much like playing on one of my higher end PC gaming rigs that I have built in the past based on how great it looked and played at 60 FPS on my 65" TV.

I don’t know what all is at play here along with maybe the Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) that they talked about, but my boys and I all felt that the responsiveness of controller input was better too.

Finally, I couldn’t resist getting a Series S for the bedroom too. And man that thing is insanely small and very cool, and the SSD expansion card copies game data from my Series X crazy fast for being able to copy games for my Series S (58+ GB in 1 minute 28 seconds or so).

Amazing console that looks incredible in my living room setup without being obnoxious, this is going to be an incredible generation for Xbox fans!

4 Likes

Xbox. Welcome to the future!

I love my XSX. Incredible piece of hardware. The controller is really good. Lots of small tweaks making the overall way better.

It is fast as hell holy molly wow Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 visually slapped me ouch.

5 Likes

agree with all this, loving my experience

5 Likes

The X is amazing! Everything about it feels premium, but what I love the most is how snappy everything feels. Even more excited for the 1st party studious to start pumping out games.

3 Likes

I can only imagine Hellblade 2 on this machine…

1 Like

For folks that only ever visit this thread for whatever reason, a friendly reminder that you can win 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate by sharing your launch day console excitment.

Go enter! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Still waiting, come on FedEx.

Definitely agree, the only issue I have is the controller LB button is quite stiff compared to RB so not sure what’s happened there.

Consider me excited. Been playing AC:V for about an hour now and my good god. I feel like I’m playing on a high end PC. This is what I’ve always wanted. It so smooth and silky and easy to get immersed in. The lighting is also chefs kiss.

I hope we continue to see 60 FPS RPG’s.

3 Likes

Assassins Creed didn’t turn up in the post but my Series X did.

Been playing some Gears Tactics, which has been great so far. Also been playing so Tetris Effect, it is pretty addictive.

The console is just so quick at everything, so hyped for this gen.

1 Like

its so smooth

3 Likes

Got my Series X and Just Beat Bright Memory

For anyone with AC Valhalla and notices how the black levels are just grey, like a haze…it’s the HDR. So sadly another example of not so great HDR.

The starting area has very few light sources and yet it’s just too bright. Like a black level setting on TV set wrong. Just a heads up. World of difference with HDR off.

Grounded has reached 5 million players! Amazing! Well done Obsidian!

8 Likes

Got mine!!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

My Series X came in, but I failed to consider the fact that my internet speed counters the speed of the SSD when it comes to game downloads lmao

5 Likes

it’s here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Is there a massive system update to download before configuration?

lol yeah that’s one downside!

1 Like

No it’s well under a gb.

1 Like