Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Forza Horizon 6, set in Japan, 2026, Next Gen Launch Title. With Fable coming out in 2025 I doubt we are getting another Playground game in the same year.

Make it cross gen. Will sell like hotcakes! Plus it’s one of their most beloved franchise on Xbox so it’s good to have as a launch title.

1 Like

I believe I saw a tweet by Klobrille earlier today where he said the possibility of a new FH next year is real. But we’re all guessing and I think we won’t.

Maybe 2026, possible launch game for new Xbox, Along With Gears of War. Imagine that, sheesh.

1 Like

I’m still on the Horizon 6 2025 train. I don’t think they want to delay their biggest franchise in recent years even more than that.

3 Likes

Playground has two teams and Eidos is helping with Fable, so I don’t think FH6 in 2025 is out of the real of possibility. I could see MS asking them to wait till '26 to make it amazing and have it as a launch title though.

9 Likes

I think you’re right about the FH DieHards not being able to wait. I follow some on YouTube and I get the sense that they are itching for a new one.

I’m still making my way through FH4 despite the fact that I bought an FH5 Series X bundle :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But in my defense I like to go through 90% of the FH games plus their DLCs. That’s around 175 hours. It takes me around 2 to 3 years to make it through each Forza Horizon game. So I can definitely wait.

4 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1800517504126816705?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

14 Likes

I could see FH6 being 2025 or 2026, leaning towards 2026. Especially if that’s when next gen launches.

straight into my veins

5 Likes

We are going to build? Unless that’s from a while ago this game could be waaaaaays off.

But surely they haven’t been sitting still after 5.

1 Like

Yeah they should be saying “That’s the game we’re building” or “that’s the game we’ve been building”.

“Game we’re going to build” reminds me of this line from the pilot of Arrested Development :rofl::

1 Like

I think it’s a 2026 title so there is still plenty to build lol.

Yeah that’s my hope too. Imagine this launches with the new hardware, oh my.

If they were to start with the game now however, 2026 sounds too early. But there is no way plenty of work hasn’t been done on it. If we look back at reports by Jez (I think?) they were making a new smaller game, but then decided not to do it. It just depends on how long ago they canned development on that.

Yeah, the Horizon diehards are already losing their minds at the prospect of waiting another year, and it hasn’t even been 3 years since 5 released lol.

The Coalition is a pretty big studio that as far as we know has been busy with Gears/UE support and some small project/s that may or may not have existed before being cancelled since the release of Hivebusters. (I think Grubb is the only dude which ever reported on those projects, and he was also the dude that reported they cancelled them )

So I definitely don’t think they recently started development, since Microsoft has seemingly learned their lesson about announcing stuff that won’t release in -+ 2 years.

4 Likes

I suspect much of the development time so far has been laying the groundwork for it - the models, the systems etc. - so he probably just means now as they’re moving into the actual flow and feel of the game, which is where this kind of thing would really start to come into its own.

It’s very unlikely that they’re not seriously far along in development now if they’re targeting 2026 :slight_smile:

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1800563860530659492?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

8 Likes

2 Likes

Really weird if they put out almost all articles and interviews for upcoming 1st party games (even the ones with no release date like Gears and SoD) this week but barely any spot for an RPG game which’s suposedly released next year.

Are you talking about Avowed? If so, they literally had a dedicated podcast for it and showed off a ton of things from the game.

3 Likes

Probably talking Fable?