Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

They should do it June 2nd, just to have the hype cycle to themselves for a couple of days.

That would be horrible for me because my 10 day vacation revolved around Summer Game Fest, Xbox Games Showcase, Ubisoft Forward and that entire week of gaming bliss!!

While I do think having the extra time to themselves would be pretty good. I don’t see Microsoft doing this because they tend to share the spot light in summer.

True. And they usually like to be after the Summer Game Fest but before Ubisoft. Hoping for an amazing two hour packed showcase!!

2 Likes

Just finished the game, it kind of got worse for me in terms of enjoyability as I progressed through the campaign. I don’t think I’d have it as a top 10 game from last year anymore but I still really enjoyed my time with it.

So glad Blizzard is apart of Xbox now.

June 9th from what am getting, Xbox usually launch showcases is around sunday for me.

Apart from graphics I am really curious to see which changes they could implement to gameplay in Gears 6 to make It even better. But please don’t touch the foundations.

Ive thought of crazy stuff like punished Marcus fighting in an exosuit

More weapons and more enemy variety. Always more fun.

1 Like

Cant wait for the showcase!!!

This could be the greatest showcase of all time :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Indeed.

I think we Will see Fable and South of Midnight but not Everwild (gut-feeling) and Quake (it is supposedly in dev by Machine Games and they are probably still hands on deck with Indy).

Am personaly excited for new exclusive annoucements. I mean we know there is several exclusive games being made via Xbox Game Publishing Like Contraband, Ara, Towerborne and Project Shaolin(Which i guaranteee will be revealed this year at the showcase).

Hoping to see gameplay for Contraband this year as it was revealed at the Xbox Games Showcase in 2021.

Observation: XGS (and specifically them and not Bethesda or ABK) are probably really bad at meeting deadlines compared to PS and Nintendo first party studios based on how this gen is going, if we’re being honest. And it’s not an issue that’s easily solvable by MS as their are probably a multitude of reasons at each individual studio why this is the case.

(excluding Playground studios of course)

Why do you say that? Think the XGS games l just got announced super early.

And Bethesda delays tanked Xbox’s 2022.

I think only Nintendo was smart enough to not announce anything unless it’s like 95% ready. Minus Zelda though. PS got nothing announced ready while Xbox is working on that title by title.

1 Like

They did get announced early, but by the time they were announced they were well underway (Everwild, Avowed etc.) And overall with regards to Bethesda, I think only Starfield and Redfall were delayed basically a year.

Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo were also delayed (for Playstation), like most stuff during COVID I guess. But that’s basically all of the recent output from Bethesda except for HFR which couldn’t be delayed since it was a stealth release.

1 Like

Now more than ever do I want Obsidian to make another Fallout game.

New Vegas is still my favourite Fallout game, which is ironic considering it’s not made by Bethesda.

5 Likes

I would love to see a Fallout C-RPG by InXile. Obsidian already has a lot of projects in the works. They already have their own universes to develop with POE and TOW. A Fallout C-RPG would take less time to develop and allow us to wait until Fallout 5.

4 Likes