Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

Hope so! That’s encouraging news on Everwild!

Do we know any of Bethesda’s lineup other than Indiana Jones and Elder Scrolls 6? I figure ES6 won’t be out in the next three years. I won’t be surprised if Arkane Lyon, Tango and Id have their next games out in the next three years. Idk how long that Zenimax online game will need in dev.

But but… they’re releasing an unfinished game! /sarcasm

2 Likes

I think releasing the Elder Scrolls VI alongside with the new Xbox would be a powerful move from MS. Add a casual’s dream, lets say, Xbox promoting COD: Black Ops Remake (akin to the modern warfare ones which is also one of the most popular COD series) and you already have an insane lineup to attract users.

From Zenimax we have:

• Tango.

Just released 2 games so it will be until a while to see their new game or games if they dont want to go “big”----Probably 2025/2026.

• Machine Games.

Indiana Jones—Todd say we will see it on 2024 so probably a late 2024 or 2025 release.

• Id Software, Zenimax Online and Arkane.

Probably the closest ones to release a game and it seems ZO is working on two games----I would say 2025 at the earliest from them.

• Arkane Lyon.

Apparently gearing up for a new game but since Redfall just released we should be seeing their new game far ahead in the generation.

• Alpha dog and roundhouse studios:
O.o

• Bethesda:

TES VI seems to be an end of the gen game but it seems someone is working in a Oblivion remake, they still need to release the fallout 4 next gen update and still adding content to Fallout 76 (not to mention Starfield’s expansions)

Sooooo…that would lead us with a total of 8 games if you think some of these studios will just release one game for the rest of the generation and up to 12 (more or less) if you believe they are working in other games.

1 Like

Yeah, Id is likely considering Doom Eternal dropped in 2020, probably a 2025 game?

Zenimax Online been cooking for 5.5 years already, haha. I think it’s a potential 2024 but maybe whatever type of game it is takes much longer.

I disagree in regards to Gears being a slow cover based shooter not working in 2023. Sure they could speed it up a little bit but I like the way Gears is structured as a cover based shooter. Besides, there aren’t many of these games so if the cover was eliminated, it becomes just another run and gun shooter like COD or Fortnite. No thanks to that.

I don’t think the gameplay needs to be massively changed. A few adjustments, sure but massively changed? Nah. If anything, it’s the story and characters that need more changing because it’s not the original characters and regardless of who they put in the starting role, it’s not going to have the same impact as the original trilogy.

Gears 5 makes you make a choice at the end and I sacrificed J.D. and I know this isn’t going to carry over into Gears 6 which will make it just the same old, same old story wise. Kait is fine but Gears needs to keep the core combat/gameplay with a few adjustments and get back to the dark and brutality that is Gears of War. I’m hoping Gears 6 concludes the Kait story line and all of these characters.

I’m ready to move on to the Hivebusters characters because they’re new, not connected to the previous games and feel more fresh that the current cast of characters. I have more issues with the story aspects of Gears than I do the combat/gameplay.

As for Halo, I don’t think the core gameplay loop or shooting needs to change. It can stay the same but be more dark themed with blood when shooting/killing enemies and whatnot. Story and characters were great in Infinite but the main issue was the open areas.

MP and Battle Royale should be a given. Campaign should be linear for like 15 hours or so. Just give me an amazing linear story campaign while eliminate all the Ubisoft/Sony type stuff and I will be more than happy.

I don’t think that they should focus on trying to get new players for Halo. I think they should simply retain those they have because Halo isn’t going to surpass COD or Fortnite so no point in trying to accomplish that in my opinion.

I will say that Microsoft should already have 343 prototyping Halo 7 for a next generation launch title. 5 years of development should be more than enough time to make a great linear Halo story and game. But we’ll see.

3 Likes

For next generation Xbox in November 2028, I would try to launch with Halo 7, Forza Horizon 7 and probably one or two smaller AA games. I would keep The Elder Scrolls VI for either March 2029 or November 2029. However, if Halo 7 and the others aren’t ready for launch but Elder Scrolls VI is then by all means, it should be a launch title for next gen Xbox.

1 Like

My dream release would be:

• Halo remake…yes, I think it needs one,

• TES VI

• Forza 7 (even better if its a fanservice one like Forza Japan :grin:)

• And marketing with the new COD and even better if its a COD fans love.

• Yes, some smaller exclusive games too.

• BAMJOO AND KAZOOIE REMAKE BABY!!!

1 Like

Gears needs to grow. It won’t grow with gameplay straight out of 2008. Sorry but those are my thoughts. The restriction on movement and the heavy feel almost on rails at times just won’t attract new fans.

I also think linear single player shooter campaigns are pretty finished. Halo should focus on the sandbox it can offer not on reversion to a game that again will only matter to a dwindling number of people.

1 Like

Given that Lyon’s last game was an 88 on MC, I actually don’t think it’s fair to be sceptical after Redfall, which Lyon did not work on.

2 Likes

At this point remake it like FF7. Take the liberty to change things up, extend segments etc. Just updated graphics would be a little dull imo.

My thoughts are:

Where is

• State of Decay 3
  • Outer Worlds 2
  • Contraband
  • Project Dragon (IOI)
  • Killer Instinct 2
  • Project Mara
  • Project Shaolin (Wu-Tang)
  • Kojima game

It’s quite exciting because we know Bethesda haven’t announced what they are doing yet (iD, MachineGames, Arkane and Tango). Then looking forward we may also have some ABK exclusives. I’m sure we will also get some surprises from the other studios too.

The line-up is going to be huuuge.

7 Likes

This is why there HAS to be more big games in 2024 and more than four big games in 2025. They have far too many games announced and they can’t all be 2025 or later, as then we start to get into unreasonably long dev times. And 2026 and later we start to get into games that aren’t announced yet.

Edit: Just to clarify, why are you including Project 007? It’s not first party. Do you mean Project Dragon/Fantasy?

1 Like

Here are my guesses/predictions:

• Towerborne
  • Hellblade 2
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
  • Avowed
  • Ara: History Untold
  • Fable (fight me)

• South of Midnight
  • Contraband
  • Age of Mythology: Retold
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • State of Decay 3
  • Perfect Dark

• Everwild
  • Indiana Jones
  • Clockwork Revolution
  • Gears 6
  • Forza Horizon 6
  • id’s game

2026 or later

• Arkane Lyon
  • Tango
  • ZOS
  • Arkane Austin

• TES VI

Edit: This is me being realistic/pessimistic. I secretly think South of Midnight will be 2024 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oops yes! I’m clearly excited for Project 007 too :rofl:.

I agree with you there has to be more in 2024/25 based on what is currently pending.

1 Like

I think they are realistic timeframes, although I pray you are right for Fable!

2025 could be a massive year if Kojima’s game and Project Mara comes out around then.

No idea about Project Shaolin and Project Dragon but I’m guessing 2026.

It was recently revealed that Creative Assembly has opened a third studio which is working on an Xbox exclusive (Gears Tactics / Halo Wars?).

Wasn’t Certain Affinity and People Can Fly rumoured to be making Xbox exclusives too? It seems there are so many in progress right now.

Yeah my list mostly doesn’t include stuff like Kojima or codenamed games or unannounced games, as they could literally land whenever. And who knows what Pentiments and Hi-Fi Rushs any of the studios could pull out their ass at any moment.

Excuse me?! I knew about the third studio but do we know it’s an Xbox game for a fact?

1 Like

People Can Fly is confirmed as they announced their Xbox deal publicly.

4 Likes

I definitely read/heard this somewhere recently but I can’t find it now! Once I do I’ll tag you :slightly_smiling_face:.

Yep there’s definitely going to be some surprises… Roundhouse has been working on something for like 4 years now, in addition Double Fine and a few others are probably beavering away!

1 Like

Yeah, stuff like Roundhouse and Double Fine are so difficult to predict (especially since Roundhouse did/is doing a lot of work on Redfall).

1 Like