Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

If the deal isn’t closed they aren’t going to move out of the way of Diablo. Why would they?

Imagine having the game ready and not meeting your promise just because of something silly like that.

10 Likes

We’ll see. No one here has been more critical of Microsoft in regards to their extreme lack of first party AAA titles in 2022 than me and would going 3-6 months into 2023 being the same blow chunks? Absolutely but if the game(s) need more time, then so be it. I want a highly polished fucking game and if I have to wait an extra few months, I will gladly accept that trade off.

What’s really silly is trying to meet an imaginary deadline due to a stupid decision in regards to that 12 month format. I know majority here like the format and I understand why but at the same time, why put extra pressure on the studios to meet this deadline that shouldn’t have been set in the first place? When the games are 100% ready to go, announce the release date and two months or so later, we’ll be playing them.

As for Diablo IV, I believe that Microsoft will get it into Game Pass day one regardless of if they own ABK or not by then. It makes too much sense not to. The reason why Microsoft would move out of the way of Diablo IV is simple - the factual reality is that no matter who you are, you can’t play both games at the same time especially two massively time consuming games.

1 Like

It was Bethesda’s own announcement that set dates of H1 2023 for Redfall and Starfield, doesn’t have anything to do with the E3 show.

And while I agree, if they need the time they should take it… we don’t know that they need it.

4 Likes

Agreed. We’ll see what happens. If the rumored showcase for early 2023 is true, it all depends on when that showcase is held. The earlier the showcase, the earlier we get release dates and actual games being released. If it’s later, then im expecting later.

3 Likes

Really hoping this isn’t the case. Game didn’t do well plus it’s on PlayStation. Let it end. Let’s move on. Preferably to Dishonored 3!!!

I don’t Arkane going back to Dishonored. Maybe if with some co-op component?

:face_vomiting:

I got a feeling they will go back to Dishonored this gen, it’s their biggest IP.

Just bump Redfall to around Halloween and release Starfield first.

3 Likes

Put everyone on Starfield. It’s not weird, Sony put like 8 studios on GoW: Ragnarök to get that out.

Redfall would be a great Halloween game.

1 Like

Yeah, I am a horror junkie, but I find I play the vast majority of my horror games during spooky season. Redfall has all the ingredients to be a perfect Halloween time game.

The truth of it is, no matter when it comes out I will probably end up waiting till Halloween season to play it.

2 Likes

It is certainly a recognisable IP, but I feel like Arkane wants more co-op games or games that involve other players.

They’ve already made 3 Dishonored games + DLC

Arkane is a studio known for creativity, I don’t expect them to go back to Dishonored anytime soon

3 Likes

The last thing Xbox needs is to sit on finished games.

One should hope Redfall will be more than finished by Halloween 23.

1 Like

The first game being on PS wouldn’t necessarily mean the sequel will have to too, right? After all ToW 2 is Xbox/PC only. :slight_smile:

Yes!!! All hands on deck for that motherfucker.

At one point this year March felt like a very plausible date for Redfall, but who knows. It has seen one delay in total so far, right?

1 Like

If Dishonored were to be released, it certainly would be exclusive.

1 Like

Either Dishonored 3 or a new IP would be better than more Deathloop.

Yeah, true but The Outer Worlds was a publishing/marketing deal with Take Two Interactive and multi-platform day one. Deathloop (and Tokyo) and were on PlayStation 5 for a year before coming to Xbox. They need to be one and done in my opinion.

Agreed on both. I hope Arkane goes back to Prey and Dishonored. But I’m not willing to take a bet that they will anytime soon. Deathloop was received super well, it wouldn’t even be that shocking if they do make a sequel. But it absolutely should be Xbox/PC only.

1 Like

Officially: first it was a summer 2022 game, later delayed to be a first half of 2023 game.

Rumors: March 2023 game internally delayed to May 2023.

I am frightened to see some folks comfortable with the notion of more delays. Xbox is really far from achieving the cadence needed if they are indeed striving for competitiveness.