Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

You just made this up. They want to work with Kojima because they both have a shared interest in using the cloud for novel experiences per Kojima himself.

9 Likes

They poured billions into the 360 days, and the result sold less than a million copies. Microsoft Studio Publishing Asia (Currently name : Xbox Game Studio Publishing) has been closed since 2016, and currently Microsoft does not have publishing personnel in any region of Asia including Korea / Japan.

2 Likes

Microsoft added publishing personnel to Japan in the past couple of years. The team is headed by Matt Smith:

https://jp.linkedin.com/in/matt-smith-7702253

Heres an article on Xbox’s building of their team in Japan:

7 Likes

Saw a new Gamerant article, basically what the rumored internal delay for Redfall could mean for Starfield. Since Booty said Starfield is after Redfall. Basically Gamerant concludes that it will mean Starfield gets pushed further too.

But I don’t think it works that way. If BGS is comfortable releasing Starfield and Redfall just isn’t ready, then there is no reason not to release it before Redfall. But what do I know.

Yeah, as much as this would be a real holy shit moment, no thank you. Because that would mean we’d be kept in the dark about a release date until June. Nope.

5 Likes

Iv always just assumed Starfield would get the full year regardless of Redfall

If Redfall has had an internal delay, while it might be polish related or whatever I still think the line up around March assuming that’s when it was coming would have played a big factor too

I don’t mind if Starfield releases before Redfall, I’m still not entirely sure what Redfall concept is. The marketing cycle for Redfall isn’t there.

It definitely doesn’t work that way.

3 Likes

Ya’ll can’t be serious.

3 Likes

The idea that every game must be delayed because Redfall is delayed is very foolish, to the point that I can actually see Xbox doing that.

If Redfall is delayed, you release Forza and Starfield if they are ready.

3 Likes

I am serious, the trailers make it look like a Left 4 Dead clone but the interviews make it sound like a singleplayer game that has an optional coop mode. Progress doesn’t save if you play on your friends server in coop, which is ridiculous. Borderlands 2 solved this a decade ago

We don’t even know if the multiplayer is going to run smoothly, Deathloop multiplayer is laggy and broken.

Microsoft needs to give Arkane the time to at least make sure multiplayer runs smoothly at launch, and please fix progression in coop. Right now the system they have in place will make it play like State of Decay 2 or FarCry in coop mode, where no progress gets saved and you’re basically just helping your friend out with no benefits.

You not liking the trailers is not the same as “the marketing cycle not being there”

10 Likes

The trailers aren’t getting views, the search trends aren’t showing that the public cares. They need to do a better job, if you want to see it succeed we should at least discuss this maturely without bias

Xbox currently has one of the most hyped games of 2023 on their calendar, if they play their card right…they can have a very successful year. However, Redfall so far isn’t looking like a big game that will carry the brand into the mainstream, as to be expected with most Arkane titles. Dishonored gained most of its success post launch and now has a dedicated fanbase.

Don’t have much interest in Redfall, but I believe it might to do better than other Arkane’s titles due to co-op (though it seems the progression is locked to a single character).

Why are you comparing Redfall a new IP to other an IP that had its first release in 1987 and another which had its first in 2005…?

7 Likes

Starfield is still dwarfing everything in its path interest wise and that’s a new IP owned by Xbox.

You have some personal issues with FF16 at this point :joy:

2 Likes

That’s like trying to compare Halo with Grounded… some games will be bigger than others. I hope you honestly aren’t thinking Redfall and Starfield are same in scope.

1 Like

I’m just using XVI in the terms because that’s going to be the choice consumers are given next year during the holidays when they have to choose between 3 consoles.

Grounded has been called numerous times a big success for Xbox, actually that’s a massive success for a new IP. It’s getting an animated TV series and it’s gotten a lot of promotional material at places like iHop and more. Grounded is very popular.

In fact, when people are googling Grounded game PS4 as the third search result for Grounded game, you know Microsoft has a successful property.

It’s the 12th most popular game on Game Pass and it does EXTREMELY well on Steam, we just don’t talk about it here for some unknown reason?

6 Likes

Next holiday? FF16 supposed to launch in June no? Alongside Diablo 4 :joy: It has a potential to be Horizon vs Elden Ring again (ironically both Horizon and FF are PS5 exclusives)

2 Likes