Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Yep, Xbox is really looking lame on this side of the pond at least. They had good momentum in Europe with the start of the generation, but this year has been bad. Ever since Halo…did what it did, it has been downhill in perception.

4 Likes

If I’m greenberg and company I would announce Microsoft is preparing a show for early 2023. They should do that announcement nextw eek to build up hype. Right now, the ABK going to court with FTC sucked out all of the energy for the brand, and I think they need to announce something positive. I am not asking for megatons, but show gameplay, release dates for Redfall, Mincecraft legends, Forza, Starfield, etc. Then just sprinkle some gamepass announcements. Also won’t hurt to let us see some avowed or hellblade if its ready

5 Likes

Yeah, I want to feel some excitement. Right now it’s just corporate, dry and boring. I think I want Xbox not Microsoft Gaming so to speak.

5 Likes

I know that it’s no big deal for for some people here, but even if they eventually prevail in the ABK case the current state of that situation has definitely cast a shadow over Xbox for most of the fanbase IMO, regardless of how great we think 2023 is supposed to be.

1 Like

Don’t think the X1 had a year nearly as bad as this year. 2017 or 2019 might be close but for me this year was the worst. The big summer showcase fell flat for me, nothing at TGA, Redfall and Starfield getting delayed. It’s just also disappointing that a lot of the games we get to see are revealed with a CGI trailer and then are just completely forgotten about for years it feels like. It’ll be at least 3 years from the Fable announcement to getting anything that follows it and it could possibly be even longer than that. Avowed, Perfect Dark, Everwild, Contraband, State of Decay 3, and Fable all just kind of disappeared after getting CGI trailers. Most people can acknowledge that Xbox potentially has some really cool and exciting stuff but are starting to get sick of waiting to not just play but even hear about anything. I hope we see Redfall and Starfield again soon as I’m really excited for both.

3 Likes

These folks have a pretty short memory though lol

3 Likes

I definitely expect a real update on Redfall soon. Rumors have been going around about a beta, well, that sure has to happen soon then if the game is still on track for first half of next year. They have been updating their twitter with some brief clips here and there, but the big one has yet to come.

1 Like

Yeah the Redfall Twitter account has been pretty active so I also expect to see it soon, a beta would be really nice.

Ideally have have a stream soon, like later this month or January. Release date of Redfall with a beta announced. Depending on if Todd can commit to a new release date we’ll get one for Starfield there too. June or July for example. I really hope this is what Aaron was talking about.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much the same way. Don’t get me wrong I was bummed at Xbox not showing up to the party last night, but not enough to be as down as some people are. There were still a lot of games shown on Youtube that look great and are coming to xbox.

Which is funny considering both of these studios are involved in xbox development anyway.

2 Likes

" Microsoft’s VP of Xbox Games Marketing Aaron Greenberg recently tweeted that Xbox fans wouldn’t have to wait long to find out more of what Xbox has in store for 2023. And indeed, I’ve heard some tentative, and unverifiable rumors recently that Microsoft may be exploring some kind of event for Q1, possibly in the vein of its X0 events of the pre-pandemic age. The most recent X0 was back in 2019, which offered a decent look at upcoming games while revealing some unannounced ones, such as Grounded. For the sake of Xbox fans, I hope this particular rumor turns out to be true."

14 Likes

Honestly the situation for me is weird because Xbox is my main system by virtue of just preferring the ecosystem, for gamepass, backcompat and just buying my games there, but even I am getting tired of this.

There’s a point where I feel like despite redfall and Starfield now joining forza and minecraft in being the first party lineup for 2023, I can’t help but feel underwhelmed. There was hope on my end that we’d get a hellblade 2 or an avowed or what have you next year, and it’s just, kinda upsetting.

Nintendo is popping off on first party, meanwhile MS is just not doing great, and the only silver lining to it for me is that tbh Sony ain’t doing much better either. Next year is an incredible year for 3rd party and I am so excited but I just find myself at a loss at how seemingly what were supposed to be the exciting 2022 games are now just the 2023 games, and the games I was hoping to see by now are 2024 and beyond.

Seems like things are lagging like a year behind industry wide. It doesn’t feel as bad on the other platforms for various reasons, but that’s the affect that COVID has had to both first and third party.

Remember we only know the H1 2023 games as well, it’s still possible that games like Contraband, Belfry, or Hellblade 2 could hit in the H2 2023 window.

I know not the right thread, but I’m still taken aback by how the only seemingly confirmed 1st party single player title from Sony for next year (and tbh probably the only one since they seem to be getting carried hard by 3rd party exclusivity deals next year) is spider-man 2 and we have not seen a single drip of gameplay yet.

Yeah, it’s pretty wild but I don’t think people care that much because they got God of War to play. Hopefully we get to that point soon as well haha.

I imagine a lot are doing this upon reading this lol.

I haven’t watched the very long interview Todd did recently, I know I should check it out soon. But for those that watched it, what did he say exactly about how development was going? Did he say they are fully in polishing phase right now?

I know it’s out of our hands anyway, but maybe we still can get something from this, get an idea. Of all the things for 2023 I just want this one to actually drop before summer.

If I recall correctly he said they could have pushed towards the original release date but it would have been a risk - for the game, staff and the people who bought it at launch. The implication seemed to be that in order to have the game properly polished and avoid crunch they were best off delaying it.

Necessary. X0 coming back would be nice. #X023

Obv the year is disappointing from the perspective of no AAA games. But we got three new IP’s! All of high quality. The “gears halo forza” criticism doesn’t hold weight any longer (though undoubtedly we will hear it when forza launches

3 Likes