Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I wanted to hear for myself so I checked his game mess video, but the most recent one that has a Starfield bit was 5 days ago. And there he actually says he thinks both FM and Starfield might end up in the second half. But again, 5 days ago. So it seems that in that Patreon only thing he’s become notified of maybe actual news on how things are looking now for Starfield.

Interesting. But we just need that show.

GoldenEye on touch screen on xCloud works surprisingly great. It even has a customized layout.

I need Perfect Dark XBLA on the go ASAP.

9 Likes

Liking that this has Ark 2 and Stalker 2 too, and I’m very confident that Xbox will have games at the summer show coming in the second half too, this year gonna be legendary.

4 Likes

Very nice list! Strange that they forgot Ara History Untold, which is a first party title (published by XGS).

2 Likes

I’ve got a feeling Ara’s date is nebulous internally. It wasn’t at the Direct and they haven’t promoted it publicly besides the insider testing, which is ongoing. I think they are playing it safe and making sure the 4X community is happy with the game before they commit to a release timeframe.

Maybe it will land in the first half (doubtful at this point), but second half or even early 2024 is more likely.

Also, given that it’s PC only, I think it’s possible they are putting the brakes on the marketing a bit. A lot of the AoE response was people being asinine about Xbox making and promoting a game that wasn’t on Xbox, so maybe they are trying to mitigate that by keeping the marketing PC centric and focused on the strategy audience. That’s just a guess, though.

4 Likes
12 Likes

So apparently the smaller game from The Coalition was cancelled and now Gears 6 is the next game from them. While I was interested in what they would have done that wasn’t Gears, I don’t mind it cause Gears 6 is one of the games I want ASAP. However with all these games being leaked by insiders really early it makes me wonder if some of these games even got off the ground. Like is “Project Dragon” from IO Interactive even a thing? Did Certain Affinity / Microsoft axe the Monster Hunter like project to focus on Tatanka? Is Brass Lion still making that “Wu-Tang” game.

Reposted cause I accidently replied to something that had nothing to do with what I was saying in the original

6 Likes

I do not think any of the 1P publishing projects have been canceled. IO has been hiring for Project Dragon, Brass Lion has been hiring and same with Stoic for Project Belfry as well. The only question mark is Certain Affinity’s ‘Monster Hunter’ like game. However, I am not worried about it as it has been in development since summer 2020, according to Jez.

Maybe someone else can find the article because im having trouble but Certain Affinity CEO said this fall thats their biggest project right now.

I think that was referring to Project Tatanka.

I really hope the new ip by the coalition isn’t cancelled.

1 Like

Found it: One thing we do know though, is that it seems to be something truly massive. Speaking to Venture Beat, Certain Affinity’s founder and CEO Max Hoberman (previously Bungie multiplayer and online lead) reveals that they have been working on this top-secret addition for two years already and have a staff of almost 100 people involved:

“The biggest thing we’re doing that’s public right now, for more than two years now we’ve been working on Halo Infinite doing something that-they’re very prescriptive about what we can say. But we’re doing something unannounced, and we’re doing lead development on that unannounced thing, from conception and design. It’s something big and new for the franchise. But I can’t say any more about it. That’s our single largest project of our three projects currently. We have close to 100 developers working on that.”

Oh wow, hahahaha.

I’ve never had this happen before myself. Can’t wait to see what NPCs will get up to in Starfield, the kind of stuff you wouldn’t expect.

4 Likes

Great news, really enjoyed the game and it was obvious sequel bait at the end. Xbox should scoop up the studio tbh.

1 Like

Gears4Life

5 Likes

we should know with the launch of recent products such as hi fi rush, pentiment, grounded, that MS is wanting to push all manner of new games, so chances are if coalition are cancelling their new IP, it probably wouldnt have turned into a decent game

That’s if it is getting cancelled, the person in question hasnt posted any reliable sources to indicate it will

1 Like

Dont think theres really much of a mystery there. MS has made the decision not to announce projects too early for the past couple years, especially smaller IPs like the wu tang game or a new certain affinity game. Think the only reason they acknowledged the Kojima project last year is because they knew his name alone would generate alot of excitement

Would be a bummer. Was really looking forward to a bite sized action game with coalition level grafics.

If Grubb is mentioning this, then it is all but confirmed at this point. Disappointing for those who follow every bit of Xbox news, but games get canceled internally all the time.

For instance, Jason Schreier reported about a supposed Titanfall game being canceled and there was no leak about its existence until yesterday, but it was a team of 50 and my guess is that it did not go too far beyond the prototype phase. I would not be surprised if the Coalition’s small project was in a similar stage too.

3 Likes

Also, the Coalition smaller project did not exist officially to the public anyway.

At least, the good thing is that Coalition seems to be hiring for several positions.

4 Likes