Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

If Grubb is mentioning this, then it is all but confirmed at this point. Disappointing for those who follow every bit of Xbox news, but games get canceled internally all the time.

For instance, Jason Schreier reported about a supposed Titanfall game being canceled and there was no leak about its existence until yesterday, but it was a team of 50 and my guess is that it did not go too far beyond the prototype phase. I would not be surprised if the Coalition’s small project was in a similar stage too.

3 Likes

Also, the Coalition smaller project did not exist officially to the public anyway.

At least, the good thing is that Coalition seems to be hiring for several positions.

4 Likes

This probably happens often in the industry. I’d also like to know what that prototype looked like, but if that means full focus on making Gears 6, I’m fine with that decision.

2 Likes

Best TES with the best combat system of all time.

3 Likes

Thread for that false panic event is here:

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1621315018749878273

1 Like

So, do we think the Starfield show will be announced this month and also take place this month? Or announcement this month and it takes place in March?

Going by what insiders have said it seems they aren’t certain about release date yet, so with that in mind maybe even April is possible for the show, meaning the won’t have to worry about announcing a release date until then.

When they finally have this show they have to give the release date, so they won’t announce the show until that date is set in stone.

5 Likes

When did Prime Gaming switch to weekly free games?

Yep. People were hoping the show announcement would be soon after DD, but we might be waiting a while. Ah well.

In the case it does go past June I hope it’s no later than July or so. I would like to believe further than that isn’t necessary either. I can’t imagine they aren’t at the stage now where it’s on par with Fallout 4 in terms of polish, or better actually,now.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it will 100% happen before June.

:thinking: I’m making the prediction that Ghost Wire Tokyo will have its combat gameplay re-worked for the “relaunch” for game pass.

You think so? Why is that?

Just a random thought, no basis really.

3 Likes

Kind of expecting the same, use the GP/Xbox release as a way of soft relaunching the games with new content/updates

Deathloop got something similar

Didn’t pay too much attention to it, but was there something off about it that would not be a drastic change to improve?

The combat wasn’t bad but was viewed as one note and unengaging. I’m not sure how they could change it up honestly within a year, but it would be nice if they did.

15 Likes

Doom was released may 2016, and doom eternal was out by March 2020. Just under 4 years after the first game. If their third game takes the same amount of time it will be out next January.

Really loved both those game. Think ID software are fantastic developers. Cant wait to see them make a current gen game. Here’s hoping it’s out next year.

3 Likes

I know the obsidian head said he would love to make another fallout game before he retires. It makes sense for them to do one after avowed. With elder scrolls 6 likely not out until atleast 2027, that puts the next fallout after 2030.

For me personally I would rather have them make KOTOR 3. Atleast fallout will have another game by bethesda even if it’s 7-9 years away. No one’s making knights of the old republic 3 and it’s a damn shame that the series only got the two games before dying. Imo it stands next to mass effect as the best rpg’s of all time.