Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

They big enough to take on two projects at the same time? Isn’t it all hands on deck for SoD3?

I remember reading they opened a new studio last year

1 Like

If they are it’d probably be a small team on a small game, which I suppose I’d be all for.

Everybody getting new IPs

Edit: Apparently this is wrong, Grubb was talking about Coalition’s other game, not Undead Labs

9 Likes

1000% agree with this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

how hard is it to listen to a podcast and faithfully report what they are saying lol

3 Likes

I sense seething at Metacritic for highlighting another banger.

2 Likes

Looks like the rumor is false.

6 Likes
11 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Motorsport is for sure further along and is only waiting on Starfield because it being a sim racer, needs to be a month’s highlight lest it get faded

Why doesn’t Microsoft work with Iron Galaxy again to make another Killer Instinct?

1 Like

How big would a new IP from The Coalition end up being? Would an Army of Two style co-op TPS with like a 14-15 hour campaign and full weapon customization possibly be too much, are we thinking it might be smaller? No MP or secondary modes just a straight campaign.

Keits or whatever his name is, one of the lead guys for KI/IG has been asked a bunch about making a sequel and while they talk fondly about KI they seemed to imply they don;t have much interest in making a sequel

I dunno but I get the impression things didn’t end too well between them and MS but that’s just my interpretation

What if…it’s being done now…

But seriously, it could be more on IG than MS.

I quite enjoyed the double helix season one of killer instinct, i feel out of interest with fighting games for season two so didnt play much of Iron Galaxys work. What is the general consenus, did they do a good or bad job with Killer instinct

More than expected in a good way. There’s a documentary you can watch and see how IG managed to please the fans and more.

2 Likes

Well, they had a GaaS game called Rumbleverse that just died, so maybe it’s back on the cards now. Before that I suppose they were busy.

2 Likes

Microsoft should take the opportunity (from Rumbleverse’s closure) to acquire Iron Galaxy. It’s a talented studio that could bring good things, and not just for fighting games. Iron Galaxy worked with ABK on Crash and Spyro, and Rumbleverse was pretty good despite failing.

No, they just want to work on different things. Working on fighting games is a very involved process.

2 Likes