Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Obv the year is disappointing from the perspective of no AAA games. But we got three new IP’s! All of high quality. The “gears halo forza” criticism doesn’t hold weight any longer (though undoubtedly we will hear it when forza launches

3 Likes

Hmmmm, that sounds like potential good news for the first half of 2023 then. Sounds like they didn’t hit any extra bad obstacles or anything.

So what was this all about?

It’s not that weird. Plenty of games don’t show gameplay until the final 4-5 months before launch (like Jedi: Survivor). Spider-Man is almost certainly a Fall game like the first one was, so if it’s out in September, we’ll see it in the summer.

2 Likes

let’s go back to the topic “Xbox needs its Direct/SoP event”. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You’re in the wrong topic for that. It’s over there:

3 Likes

Several of my friends are going overboard with their negativity. I get being disappointed about the no show at TGA but now most of them have zero faith in even 2023. Where was Hellblade, Fable, Starfield, Redfall? They asked, and I’m like…you should not have expected the first two for next year but there is no way in hell the latter two aren’t 2023 titles.

I get the whole thought of “they have so many studios, where tf were they?” but 2023 IS the start of new IP, I’ve zero doubt.

1 Like

Who cares. TGA isn’t the be all of shows. There won’t be much to say in H1 when Microsoft has all their things and all Sony has is MLB and a VR game.

I’m glad I only have to deal with this stuff online.

9 Likes

Honestly, I’m not gonna mince words. This week fucking sucked as an Xbox fan. It truly. Fucking. Sucked.

Yet, you take the good with the bad and we do need to remember that sometimes. Many of us were excited as fuck and content about the future of Xbox before Zenimax let alone ABK, and the next year has some really fun stuff on the horizon.

We will see it when we see it, and when we do, it’ll be a great week. For now, yeah, this week fucking blew, especially with the FTC, but the hope springs eternal that all will be alright.

11 Likes

At least we have the studios and games ARE coming. We went an entire generation without even that.

This!

The FTC news made it suck extra worse, so to speak.

It would be so good if we enter 2023 with in January (or ideally still this month) something substantial in terms of an update on these promising games. If not a show, maybe an article or something with new screens or a trailer or a developer update in text, something. Although we recently had a long ass interview with Todd Howard, nothing new to be shown, but enough info.

Greenberg must have meant a show of some sorts way before E3, because he can’t have meant E3 since around the time that starts most if not all of the big three games should have released.

Who knows, maybe out of the blue they hold dedicated streams for the three games like they did for SoT updates and FH5.

1 Like

You should see my DM’s… haha.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect a XO show or “Xbox direct” early next year based on Greenberg’s vague statement in that tweet.

I think the best way to market Starfield is to invite media access to preview the game and interview the team at the studio. It is old fashioned, but makes sense for the type of game it is.

Give each previewer 4 hours to play, then allow them to interview the team members. Allow them to record those interviews and previews. This will not only help with marketing the game, but it will also help with marketing the team and its members.

Limit the preview to 2 planetary systems (one with 1 of the main cities, and one with “generated” content). Remove the main quest, and make them play a major side-quest as the main one so as not to spoil the main quest.

1 Like

I mean, MS haa done this with all their big releases recently (Infinite, Horizon, Psychonauts 2) etc.

1 Like

But surely he means something with it. He talks about showing and it’s about what they got for 2023. The three big games are all planned for the first half too. Perhaps he just means the releases for these games which if all goes well is indeed not too long of a wait anymore.

Yeah, I’m thinking redfall gets media coverage by edge, ign, game informer and they do a round of media previews for it’s release in March (speculated). Not some blowout event lol.

1 Like

Now it’s not only after State of Plays or Nintendo Directs we get them for TGAs how good is that /s

People are reading far too much in Greenberg’s quote, or trying to fit what they hope he means.

If we are going off history, he is more likely to be talking general media coverage of their games set to release within 6 months and not a Nintendo style Direct.