Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Thanks for the clarification! Yeah that would be awesome, but I’ve asked Jez and Rand during their Xbox Two podcast for this and they say that there won’t be another showcase. Maybe some trailers with gameplay, but that’s it. They weren’t 100% sure of course. I do agree that if they have some things for launch ready, they should show it and clear up the launch title situation.

It would be nice for them to do something towards the end of October for the launch of the consoles. It could tie in with a possible virtual XO20?

They could focus more in depth on the games that are launching within the launch window with maybe one or two trailers for things coming down the road (Hellblade 2 possibly?)

You can now vote for the Golden Joystick Awards, there are some Xbox nominees!

2 Likes

God, I just can’t imagine they don’t. I guess if they keep doing press beats every Monday like they’ve done the last 2 weeks… that could work. But they should just do a showcase. As a matter of fact, they should stick to doing 4 Showcases a year, one for each season, Nintendo Direct-style every after launch.

Yep, I always feel that Xbox needs a more compact-style showcase. The Direct format works great for Nintendo, Sony copied it with great results for their one game focused State of Play (Last of Us: Part II, Ghost of Tsushima), with not so great results for the general ones, I feel. Xbox needs something like that, that doesn’t feel as bloated, a redesigned Inside Xbox, and now with so many studios they have a lot of content to have many of these throughout the year.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Would you look at that, god damn

Doom Eternal now on Game Pass. To play, or to wait for XSX launch and play the game optimized for it? (assuming it’s patched day one, is it?)

First world problems.

1 Like

That is excellent. But as not a Skyrim fan, I wish there was one with B.J. Blazcowitz :joy:

Is @Klobrille still around this board?

I doubt it would be a ‘Xbox showcase’ tier event, but there is definitely more to show. They said themselves we’ll see the other studios this year, though I can see them maybe going back on that with the Bethesda news taking up so much space.

But if we look at the cumulative speculation I could see an Xbox appearance at the VGA’s for sure, we have:

1. Matt Booty himself saying we will see the other studios this year.
  2. A supposed Gears campaign Hivebusters DLC that’s gotta be good to go soon.
  3. According to Ragnar (the supposed insider that does seem to keep getting things right) a new Hellblade trailer ready to with gameplay.
  4. According to Ragnar and other sources, two more acquisitions that have not been announced yet.

If this was to be revealed I could see it being at TGA’s or a XO20 event.

2 Likes

Just off the fact that Matt booty said we will see more of what xbox studios are working on later this year. Think it will be late October or very early November. I have a feeling Microsoft is going to hit the ground running right from the launch and try to ride the excitement of its future games till halo comes out. Phil himself had said they are trying different things in the way they advertise the consoles. Like the enthusiasts they’ve already made up their minds so let sony have the mind share before the consoles come out. Its about getting the casuals mind share when they impulse buy the consoles in store this holiday.

Also whats going on with live gold? Everyone was speculating about it going away. That would really pull the rug from under sony’s feet

1 Like
2 Likes
8 Likes

Oh snap. But many Xbox One games also are not using a unlocked framerate. So I am very curious about this. I am gonna test all my games, much like how I test all my games again when I bought my new TV.

1 Like
5 Likes

Very curious to see Just Cause 3 running on Series X.

1 Like

Me too. I even skipped that on PC with the frame issues it was having on both PC and console. I need to catch up on 3 & 4. JC 2 was one of my favorite games on 360!

1 Like
3 Likes