Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

What’s up guys. Was a long time lurker on Reset, decided to finally post. I think so far I’m most excited for Avowed. I’ve clocked a few hundred hours in Skyrim, so if it delivers anywhere near skyrims level, I’ll be happy.

4 Likes

Glad to have another place where to discuss Xbox. Resetera becomes a shitshow after every Xbox event, so is nice to have an alternative place to discuss.

Love the look of the forum btw.

7 Likes

What’s different about the next gen versions anyways? I love Bayonetta and was considering buying the One version.

1 Like

As long as I can fully disable and enjoy the full package in off-line mode, with a lively city full of NPCs, i won’t care.

Fable, at least for me, is a single player experience (in truth, every RPG is). If you put a “live service” on it, it becomes a MMO and even though I enjoy my time with them (played PSO2 all day today), they grow stale and generally have shallow RPG mechanics and world building. Destiny is the prime example of this.

Fable 2 had a good MP system that didn’t sacrifice the single player experience. They should keep it this way, create a Guild that focus on Co-Op Side Quests, something optional. And in that building (only in that exactly building) you can see other players. Soon as you exit it, the world is just you and the other co-op player.

3 Likes

Early access reviews with scores? At absolute best it should be a written review with no score as how are you supposed to judge a game with a score in mind when it isn’t complete.

It does feel like IGN is leaning more and more into the console wars online which is a shame to see.

What a joke! This should be IGN company policy, don’t review early access games. Grounded final version will release in 2021, this should have been an opinion article until then, with no score.

1 Like

The number is off, because FM is a remake according to devs.

Imagine criticize a game for too much water.

In the end they write an review to generate clicks. Even tho they should wait till it’s out of early access.

Reboot would be a better term.

1 Like

Dont even really think it’s a reboot just think it’s going to be a platform and they will double down on the simulation gameplay since horizon is the arcade racer. I think it wont be a $60 game but rather a cheap entry price or free to play similar to halo infinite multiplayer

Horizon is a simcade, not a proper arcade racer. And Motorsport would cost 60 USD, you pay for car packs and DLCs, otherwise you wont have zero MTX like in Horizon 4/Motorsport 7. They already have a working monetization model. Forza has its community, they cant afford to piss them off.

I strongly believe that FM as a platform makes total sense and is just the next logical step. If you look at FM5 to FM7 and how these have changed over the years it’s totally viable to do this in a platform of way. You get the benefit of not alienating your player base everytime a new game is produced and don’t have to spend resources on marketing every new installment. This will benefit all of us. Can’t wait for the ultimate Forza Motorsport game.

3 Likes

I 100% agree I just dont know if it will be a complete game like the other forzas or release in 2021 with let’s say 150 cars and you buy car packs similar to how flight sim is doing it. Also slot of people would consider current forza motorsport to be more on the simcade side of things myself included since I go lapping at the track all the time and can tell the difference between racing in forza vs in real life

1 Like

We already know why they cut the number. The reason is the reboot and focus on Motorsport. Was officially stated. I don’t get those plattform speculation.

I skipped the last main line Forza and have been playing Horizon these past few years. Slowly I have started getting the itch for some real circuit racing again and cant wait to see what Turn10 can do with Nextgen !

With the name being just “Forza Motorsport” I hope we get proper pit stops with fueling and tyre changes etc. Also dynamic weather/time on day are something I would love to see.

Expect only one Forza Motorsport game this gen. They are going to add content on top of it for a while. But I wouldnt cut off the idea of a sequel 6-7 years later. By then it would be a complete overhaul once more. And thats good, no need to release a new game every 2 years without any significant changes.

3 Likes

We dont know what they’re doing with the Horizon series since the next one hasn’t been announced yet but I dont mind them trying to get away from releasing a car game every year

I still think horizon will see multiple games this gen since the game travels to different parts of the world

I just hope they will do the much requested Japan setting. Also I would love if they added bikes to the mix. That would be awesome. Please make it happen Playground Games!

6 Likes

They are based on the PC versions, 1080p on base consoles and 1140p on One X/Pro.

Bayonetta is fantastic but if you’ve never played Vanquish before it should take you around 5 hours to finish though I did have fun with it.