Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Its Perfect Dark. Second worst kept secret after Fable.

1 Like

Apparently Coalition are working on the MP side of Perfect Dark with TI doing SP.

4 Likes

It would be horrible and indeed would make zero sense. Phil or NT never did confirm it’s a singleplayer game, but probably because they felt they didn’t need to. It should be a given that the real focus here is a solo experience. Maybe a optional MP as extra, but I won’t be looking for that at all.

Yeah sounds like TI’s game will have both SP and MP. Do we know anything regarding SP though, aside from the people that got hired that worked on single-player games in the past?

Yep, I remember Morgoth posting several info about how TC had been experimenting with MP Perfect Dark. If it’s indeed PD it makes sense that it would have both SP and MP, the previous games had that too. It’s just a curious situation. First insiders said it’s PD, then apparently it wasn’t so certain any longer and probably a new IP and now it’s PD again. Yeah TI, time to announce it! :slight_smile:

I’m very curious what they are going to do, it apparently will be third person, so there’s that. But what else? It’s likely going to be a total different animal compared to the older games.

yeah this rumor been a thing for a while, and would make a loooot of sense. Coalition are known for cover shooters, and Perfect Dark as a stealth spy game shall very much have those elements. All I want is a phenomenal looking singleplayer with a strong aesthetic and gameplay loop, the possibilities are endless, the genre kinda died away after Splinter Cell and Deus Ex being asleep for a while now, so it’d be dope to get a modern spy shooter with all the gadgets and cool as fuck setting and we’re on board for a winner.

1 Like

If The Coalition is doing the multiplayer for Perfect Dark, I can’t wait for the shotgun to be the only viable weapon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Solis!!! Happy to see that you migrated over here my friend. =)

yeah on both sites :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW the Series S pricing is insane for what the console can do, looks cool too!

Nice to see everyone having a prettttty good time today. :blush: Loving this community.

24 Likes

lol i’m amazed that people think financing a console is new. it’s always been an option. microsoft is just officially backing it this time instead of the individual retailers. and it literally takes years for consoles to designed and made since the expectations for even mid gen consoles is much larger than yearly phone releases. and there’s also the fact that game design takes years and years and this also determines how long gens last.

basically, just cranky boomer talk.

2 Likes

Great day today. Fantastically positive reception to this news and the atmosphere around xbox in general

8 Likes

It really makes you think about how easy it is to let other peoples negativity get to you. I’m very much guilty of that, falling in to the doom and gloom. Today reminded me that it’s all just temporary and fueled by people with an agenda, and to trust my own gut instead.

1 Like

Well, this thread certainly went nuclear. All I can say about the S is if you don’t buy it, you just have an undying affair with Sony and their products. There’s no way, at $300, that this isn’t an impulse buy. What a great move by MS.

2 Likes

Crazy seeing the console get revealed this way! Still it’s the most positive people have been on Xbox for quite sometime. Good times!

3 Likes

Yep it was really great news today. Happy with the price and reveal. Will buy one day one with SX. Lots of people on the net are amazed by it. Even friends I know who were not at all invested in Xbox are all in now.

Really hope they will continue on the momentum like this and deliver stunning things.

They need to deliver! Keep it up!

1 Like

The Series S has a lot of potential for limited editions too.

4 Likes

lol, ugh i dont know how to use twitter, but its a reply to Xbox Game Pass twitter.

1 Like

So Xbox has both value and power… reasons not to buy into the ecosystem are diminishing and once those big hitter Xbox Game Studios release, other than preferring a PC what would be the excuse?

Suprised i havent seen this yet!