Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

3 Likes

Should probably be it’s own thread…

1 Like

On mobile right now, if anyone can help and create a new thread for this news, I would really appreciate it.

1 Like

That’s not really showing much. Quick resume is awesome. But One X doesn’t even have it. So that’s not really a load time comparison

Bartlow’s Dread Machine is also available on Steam :+1:

1 Like

Done friend. Credited you for bringing the news!

The more i think about it the more Arkane making a Perfect Dark game makes sense.

2 Likes

I was originally going to buy and play Avengers on Xbox Series X but seeing as how im only going to play through the campaign and then trade it in as well as not having anything to play for the next month, I figured let me see if I can get Avengers on GameFly. They shipped it out an hour or so ago. Should get it Saturday or Monday.

$25 for the month. 2 games at a time. I added Crash 4 to my list as I have never played Crash Bandicoot so I figure let me see if I can get it. If I do, I’ll add the Trilogy to my list so when I ship back Avengers, I can play all 4 Crash games. I’m mostly just bored and outside of The Summit for The Division 2, I have nothing to play.

As for the PlayStation 5, im still trying to pre-order it but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen so Spring 2021 it is. I have no problem spending $70 on Sony’s first party exclusives. After The Witcher III, Sony’s games dominate the remaining four slots in my top 5 games of the PS4/Xbox One generation. Also, I don’t collect or replay games so unless there’s expansions for Sony’s first party exclusives, they are all a buy day one even at $70 and once I complete them, I’ll trade them in.

I’ll be saving so much money by never having to buy a Microsoft/Bethesda first party game ever again as I will just rent them for a $10 monthly rental on Game Pass. And when EA puts Battlefield 6, etc. in EA Play, I’ll subscribe to GP Ultimate for that month.

I do agree that both consoles are looking like a completely different experience. I’m going with Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console for next generation for various reasons but I will still buy and own a PlayStation 5 Disc Edition so I can buy, play, complete and trade in the exclusives that I want to play. Sucks to be that other person though. Luckily, none of these “issues” apply to me. Hehe.

1 Like

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - A New Seed! - Nintendo Switch (Steve From Minecraft)

4 Likes

Hilarious that this broke Twitter, MC is massive so no surprise it would end up here.

1 Like

Awesome! Great to see Microsoft and Nintendo collaborating.

Now, Nintendo, say, could you put any Nintendo games on Series X? :grin:

2 Likes

I would like to see Microsoft do two major showcases a year. E3 and X0. Early June and Early November.

I would have Inside Xbox as a monthly showcase but pre-recorded and without all the stupid meaning shit. Condensed to an hour or less. I would also have individual game overview videos in which the Inside Xbox episode for that month gets replaced.

Like for example, what Sony did with TLOUP2 and Tsushima works. Same for Nintendo. Microsoft should do the exact same thing. Inside Xbox presents: Gears Tactics. 20-30 minute overview video that gets uploaded so you can watch at the highest quality immediately as opposed to being “live”.

I would do this for every first party exclusive starting with Gears Tactics and beyond. I would also do 10-15 minute overview videos for games like The Ascent, The Medium, etc.

Show the game itself and gameplay running off Series X and done. This simply works because there’s no bullshit or fluff. It’s just that individual game with nothing but gameplay for the entire video.

Anyway, that’s what I would personally do.

2 Likes

Good on Microsoft for allowing this. Minecraft is one of the biggest games on the planet, including Steve in Smash is a win-win.

1 Like

It seems Xbox games (not yet) are the new price though?

Not yet and probably because of Smart Delivery; it would kind of defeat the purpose of it.

With the amount of studios and gamepass they should do direct style events. Like would be nice to give Id Xbox spotlight, and that could possibly help them get games if they’re marketing them. Also I think its better to have hype all year round rather than containing hype for 2 major events. Microsoft should still be able to have those 2 major events

I do like your idea of having uncut 10-20 minutes gameplay of major releases because I felt that did help Ghost of Tsusima. Anyways Microsoft has many options now for how they want to market games, but I do think they shift towards a more Nintendo Direct style

That would be great if Xbox was getting something in return for letting Nintendo use so many of it’s IP. Even getting SSBU as a digital only game not available for gamepass or Xcloud would be huge. I was thinking about this more after the Bethesda purchase and PS users asking if they will still be able to play Fallout, Doom and the like. Why couldn’t Microsoft offer Sony a deal where Microsoft will let them get Doom and Fallout if they share Spider-man and Horizon, or Sunset Overdrive 2. They wouldn’t really be losing any console sales over an agreement like this because they would both be getting something valuable to their ecosystem. Thinking about it more, if Xbox and Sony traded God of War for Halo would that really hurt anyone? I could only see it as a positive for both.

Probably same reason Ubisoft hasn’t raised prices as well.

1 Like

Remember when some people were telling us that there’s no way that Sony is going to sell us remasters on PS5 because games are going to be backward compatible? Heh how silly that sounds now. Let’s wait for tlou2 and got remasters…

5 Likes