Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

It’s weird that Pillars of Eternity II isn’t on Game Pass.

2 Likes

Could just be a money thing.

The publishers other games have been on Game Pass or GWG.

Maybe they’re asking too much for Pillars 2.

The first hit is free :wink:

1 Like

So when are we expecting those next two studios to be announced?

I think MS is really strategic in the timing of their announcements. Look at The Bethesda acquisition just before the preorder day. They want to have a steady flow of big positive news to stay in gamers’ minds and I think it will be more and more exciting till launch in order to have the maximum impact and pushing people to jump in.

After launch we’ll get also some surprises especially at the VGAs I could see some nuclear bombs dropping.

I personally really like their com strat this time

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/iyewjb/rtx_3080_crashing_on_games_when_it_exceeds_2ghz/

RTX 3080 crashing on games when it exceeds 2GHz Boost

Now imagine in a console form factor like the PS5 at 2,23ghz…

Made a thread about it

4 Likes

Just doing in a hypothetical world where Xbox do decide to keep the Bethesda games multiplat, Xbox goes back to being the platform that needs more exclusives.

Although there is (reasonably understandable) concern around whether or not they will be exclusive, those exact people will be the same ones saying Xbox needs more exclusives if the Bethesda games are not. That narrative of ‘no games’ needs to be dead and buried.

1 Like

Ei1tvBBWsAIZciI

10 Likes

Now you know the reason why, when you ask them to show their gaming rigs and they answer the typical “I don’t have to show you anything”

20200926_154157

“WHAT MICROSOFT OWNS, SONY CANNOT GET”

I mean…it doesn’t get much clearer :slight_smile:

Today i spoke to a buddy of mine and we spoke about Bethesda and Xbox, Phil etc. He recalled that Phil apparently sometime ago said he isn’t fond of platform exclusivity. I don’t recall that. I recall him saying he doesn’t like deals where a game is being made lesser (Avengers with Spidey for example). Am i right?

1 Like

Yeah, paying to keep content exclusive to one platform. If I remember correctly it was in reference to the Destiny 2 stuff.

Since the Acquisition Phil has been saying things that in my opinion just show their intentions. They want you in their ecosystem. He isn’t using words like exclusive but it seems pretty clear to me.

And who knows, maybe they will end up releasing it on PS5 after all, 5 to 12 months after the Xbox and PC release.

Exactly! I can’t deny that such things are just silly and honestly…petty too.

:grin:

11 Likes

:rofl::+1:

also important: what Microsoft owns, Amazon cannot get. And Google, and Tencent.

7 Likes

lol

Alanah has a new video out "SHOULD Bethesda games be exclusive’’

I don’t know man, it’s getting tiresome at this point. I can’t help but wonder if videos like these would’ve been made had Sony or Nintendo made this move, i really do.

Many people wanted Xbox to make a strong move, and they just did. Game Pass immeditately became even more of a amazing value. And MS at LEAST gives people options. Console? There’s Game Pass , digital and hard copies for Xbox. PC? There’s Game Pass and i’m sure they’ll release them outside of that for PC too, TV? Game Pass or Xcloud (in the future) , Android or Iphone? Same story.

Had Sony made the move…or Nintendo…it would have been Playstation consoles. Nintendo Switch.

6 Likes

Really interesting video, worth a watch!

She has had some bad takes lately. Unfortunate.

6 Likes

People keep bring up that PS sold 100+ millions console but most of the new games will be on next gen only so its 0 to 0 right now and if they dont think The Elder Scrolls Fallout and Doom are going to help sell Xboxs they are in for a rude awakening

6 Likes