Xbox Brazil caught in controversy (again) after dismiss a Host wich was victm of rape and death threats

Yeah Xbox and MS needs to clean house for Xbox in Brazil. Not cool.

3 Likes

Gross, I’m not really familiar with Xbox Brazil but it sounds like MS needs to figure it out. It’s not a good look. I couldn’t imagine what it’s like to constantly have people tell you they want to kill and violate you on a regular basis and then have no support.

3 Likes

Xbox BR is a mess today. It was excellent in the past, but after the change of management it was terrible, the Brazilian community has been suffering a lot with the bad management.

The hiring of the presenter was wrong, unknown and the content was weak and without structure. The layoff was even worse, based on the reason.

The Brazilian community is constantly marking Phil and other members to bring about a change, but it only makes the situation worse at Xbox BR. Unfortunately only one episode of this type should serve to draw attention.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a terrible look for MS. Simply awful

1 Like

Yeah Phil and the team need to fix this shit quickly.

Just seems like whataboutism

I could easily make several attack vectors for playstation, like the lack of female representation in the higher ups, when was the last time a female presented a playstation event that was in a top position? But I dont do this because whataboutism or engaging in smear campaigns is dumb fanboy stuff, this is gaming not politics!

1 Like

XBox has more representation than PlayStation Europe. I am black and felt more welcome at my job interview at Lionshead than SCEE. I didn’t get the job at either, but Lionshead left a very positive impression on me about XGS. Shout out to Mr Stuart Crocker and Rob Turner. Though the games industry has a long way to go for representation.

2 Likes

I dont think male or a particular skin color dominated work places is a problem, jobs should go to people who are the best qualified regardless of sex, skin color or sexuality. The example I gave was just to show that there are many political things people can complain about regarding sony or Microsoft , I just think its rather pointless to do and normally an indication of console waring.

I don’t see how what happened in Brazil is “political”. Xbox Brazil hired her and then after she received harassment and death/rape threats they let her go shortly after. There’s nothing political or console warring about it. Microsoft should have shown some backbone and told those fans to fuck right off.

3 Likes

Well, without being directly involved we just dont know all the details.

1 Like

“Toxicity” and “controversy” are made up from yourself and others, there is no evidence showing Microsofts decision to be toxic or contraversial, just peoples assumptions.

She does not even accuse MS of anything.

2 Likes