Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

Why would I want to see CGI again? I am watching games, not cartoons :joy:

First time CGI maybe fine, but theer is no point to show something that does not represent the gameplay.

Eh come on, you must know now why he’s pushing this. It’s wishfull thinking.

He has been on this they won’t show any of the other first party RPG’s until Starfield comes out angle, for a while now.

Rare could easily explain Everwild in a cinematic trailer without having to make a segment with actual gameplay footage.

I agree it’s not a cartoon but I mean more that Rare could create a cinematic trailer that goes into depth into Everwild to explain what kind of game it is. Since I don’t expect gameplay anytime soon but at the same time I don’t want to wait years before seeing Everwild again either.

A cinematic trailer to explain how things work/the vision of the game could work but anything like the last 2 trailers where it was all just random shots of animals and whatnot, nah, one of those is enough and we’ve had 2 of them already

1 Like

I definitely agree with that. If it gets shown off again I do think there should be some sort of information of what the game is such as a story trailer or the vision for the game not just showing a cool cgi trailer with animals. I do think there is a possibility that they could do something for the showcase though since there have been a lot of people who have joined the team at Everwild recently and many of them are excited about the game.

And at the same time Rare is one of the most efficient studios Microsoft has maybe not as much in the past but definitely in recent years with Sea Of Thieves updates.

Only 75 for Avowed? I would think its presence is a given. Two years since announcement trailer, it’ll be a full year after Obsidian saying they were working on something. I guess anything could have happened with that though, but we have heard exactly zero about it.

When Xbox was acquiring all these RPGs studios fans of the genre were super excited. We’re now several years on and still haven’t really seen any of it, nothing tangible that is.

Sometimes it wouldn’t be a bad idea for some studios and devs to not promise something too fast or be overly confident about something. We all make mistakes though.

For ages I felt it was a 100% lock but between delays, them mentioning UE5 and just me being pessimistic, im startiing to doubt a little

I really hope its there though

4 Likes

Do you guys expect anything from The Coalition in this showcase? They used to release Gears in a 3-year cycle basis and Gears 5 makes 3 this year.

1 Like

Yeah, the Gears collection. I think this is the title they are making to familiarise themselves with UE5.

That’s supposedly a new IP though.

Supposedly. But the rumours about a Gears collection are gathering steam.

Dont you say that Billy Madison

1 Like

I was recently replaying Yakuza Like A Dragon when it suddently struck me that we have yet to see anything from the next game. Knowing that every Yakuza has a development cycle of 2-3 years, I think there could be a chance for the next Yakuza to be announced at the X/Beth Showcase.

2 Likes

What do we think, any chance they’ll have it at the xbox showcase? EDIT: To clarify im talking about Alan Wake 2

1 Like

Historically they’ve always been revealed at events with lots of Japanese market eyes on it (Tokyo Game Show, countdown sites) so I’m not sure.

It would be a good reveal though and pretty much complete the knot of tying Yakuza to the Xbox brand.

I wish Xbox would try to get the 2 Samurai Era Yakuza games as Western exclusives since Sega doesn’t seem interested in localizing them themselves and Ishin is supposed to be really good. I hear Kenzan is very dated now though (plays like the PS2 games, it was the first PS3 Yakuza game to be fair).

I would say more likely at summer game fest tbh

If that game truly hits in 2023 that would be great.

learn from starfield, if we see a release date add at least 1 more year to it

Alan Wake 2 has EGS partnership so I don’t think it will be present in platform holder’s events.

1 Like

I think, for me, its a question of whether Xbox wants to debut Avowed gameplay at the same event where they’re doing a deep dive into Starfield.

For that reason, I am leaning towards Opening Night Live and/or Xbox’s Gamescom show

1 Like