Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

They wouldnt really be working on multiple games at the same time, at least not in a major way

If Wolf 3 really does exist then it’s almost certainly nearly finished while Indy is still super early and has had a smaller team on it and will start to ramp up if Wolf 3 is finishing

There’s no way Machine games will have released no major game since Youngblood in 2019 (which quite frankly never felt like it had the full team on it but thats just my opinion) and done little to nothing these past 3 years so either they were working on Wolf 3/Something else and it got cancelled and now they are working on Indy or they are still working on it

I 100% disagree that CGI trailers don’t generate hype for new IPs. They may not for people here who are in the “Gameplay or death” crowd, but they do for me and a lot of other people as well.

7 Likes

I think the potential for missing with a cgi trailer for a new IP is far higher than for an established one.

I am generally quite excited for Contraband, but that type of reveal really did nothing for pretty much everyone - beyond bringing the project from all but confirmed into reality.

Avowed was a pretty good CGI trailer though, so there are definitely exceptions

Same. I love CGI trailers

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think Contraband provided any meaningful information about the game. Like you mentioned, Avowed is one that gave at least some idea of what the game would be like.

I want to concur with Brit’s point here (apologies for being unavailable most of last evening). Any leaks/rumors should be posted here: Xbox + Bethesda Showcase Leaks... Seriously this is where the leaks/rumors/spoilers go!.

13 Likes

I dont mind CG trailers, I just dont want them used more than once or used in abundance like some of xbox previous shows

Like if they had a CG trailer that confirmed KI2 or Lost Odyssey 2 or even a remake, id lose my shit, it al depends on what its used for really

1 Like

I don’t get bothered by CG trailers unless it’s a cg trailer that they’re trying to pass off as gameplay when it’s clearly not (Killzone 2 will always be the best example of this). Beyond that, I’m fine with CG that is essentially a tone-setting piece for a game that is still too early to show off in any realistically meaningful way.

I will always prefer to see actual gameplay though, since that’s what’s going to get me to buy/play the game.

2 Likes

I wish Microsoft would stop announcing games early. Two months away from it being two years since Fable and State of Decay 3 were announced and still no gameplay. Not expecting this to change in two weeks either. I would prefer them to announce games that are pretty much close to completion and within 18 months of an actual release. This way, you can reveal/announce the game with a gameplay trailer instead of CGI. By doing this, you already see gameplay right off the bat and is far more likely to be closer to release than further out.

1 Like

Why is it bad to show cgi? Or even a title card? You can be excited about future stuff. Besides games further out normally don’t have presentable gameplay unless they prepared a demo. As long as you have other games that show gameplay I see no problem with CGI.

5 Likes

BTW some cutscences in MW are blur CGI and that’s during the game :man_shrugging:

I’m not a fan of CGI at all because it doesn’t represent what the actual game is going to be and more importantly, look and play like. Also, if I have to wait a few years to see gameplay and then another few years for the game to get released, I lose interest. I’ll still play the game if it’s for me but my hype level is nowhere close to what it was years earlier.

Microsoft has announced a lot of games. I would like to see a few of them actually get released before they start “re-loading” with more new game announcements. For example, unless the game is 100% guaranteed to release before June 2023, I would not reveal a single new game. Instead, I would like to see 3-5 games get released by next June and then see new game reveals that month to replace what’s been released.

I have a few games on my list in general that were announced over 3 years ago and have disappeared and my interest in them is minimal to non-existent.

This also applies to every publisher. Look at Ubisoft. BG&E2 was announced 5 years ago? Meh. Skull & Bones 4 years ago? Meh. It’s like, stop showing games that are more than 2 years out.

Preach.gif

1 Like

This is temporary if the game is shown with gameplay and you are still not interested sure but I doubt you will enjoy a game less because it got announced early :man_shrugging: regardless everyone in the industry is doing it.

I’m a fan of a CGI announcement a couple of years before release and then the next showings are gameplay. Let’s face it, with traditional game development a lot of underlying work is done first before the assets are added and the game is made to look at it’s best. Also how often have we seen an early gameplay look that then it ends up nothing like the finished product simply because in the year or two after a lot gets changed.

Fair enough. I just don’t believe that any of them should especially now when everything is so uncertain.

Hmm I guess I acknowledge CGI for new IPs but can’t get me hyped.

For example if EA would announce TITANFALL 3 with a cgi trailer it would get me hyped

2 Likes

If that happened Id be doing backflips

1 Like

CGI trailers only work well for established franchises and in Microsoft’s case they need to avoid them. they need to show game play and a lot of it during the showcase, not only do we get one showcase a year….we still have CGI trailers from years ago of games that have still not released. 1 or 2 CGI trailers is fine but anything more is too much imo.

Countless times it’s been established now that CGI reveal trailers serve several purposes. They’ll continue to exist whether you like them or not so I think we better start accepting that.

2 Likes