Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

It’s not Square

And they were just full of shit. You don’t “hear rumblings” of an acquisition for this long on a public company lol.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much settled on it being BS

Don’t listen to any ‘insiders’ or ‘leakers’ about the aquisition of a public traded company. These guys don’t know jack shit. Its all just BS to drive clicks to their videos. So please don’t klick on their videos.

9 Likes

It was Square Enix.

I personally don’t believe that. Also nobody knows about acquisition until late. And we are talking about Japan where we don’t even have game insiders :joy: People can know about acquisition 1 or 2 days in advance. But it’s been more than 2 months already I believe.

I don’t see why Microsoft wouldn’t publish a single player game from a third party. They did publish Tell Me Why and are about to publish As Dusk Falls.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t buy it either. The Kojima game would for sure be single player.

1 Like

Not necessary. Even with Death Stranding Kojima already started to play with community driven elements.

We need more Japanese games!

7 Likes

Yoooooo, da fuck is this?

Mort using a anime character as Avatar?

3 Likes

Why would a cloud native game for sure be single player

The game he was making with Stadia which this would be was a horror game.

SE is a funny motherfucker. They sell the studio that makes Tomb Raider and other big games, but plan to acquire more studios still?

We lost him :smiling_face_with_tear: He should put Soul Hacker’s MC avatar.

Oh no, it’s good news actually! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think there is any hard set rule there, just wouldn’t be suprised if there was a preference towards co-operative experiences because that is a big driver for a subscription service.

2 Likes

Is this post from 2018?

18 Likes

Okay you did get me there a bit. Though I do feel Death Stranding would fall under a different category than “multiplayer/coop” even if it is not “truly” single player.

It was not a traditional multiplayer/coop for sure. More like Fable 2 with some minor interactions that kinda influence the world.

lmfao

6 Likes

It is! I have so much stuff to discover… I can’t believe I dismissed this so easily. I’ve only just begun, but AI: The Somnium Files is changing a lot of silly ideas I had about these types of games, artstyles etc. It’s legit great.

12 Likes