Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for Sunday June 12 at 10 a.m. PT + Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT (Spoiler Free)

Either way I still think allowing gamepass on steam is just going to help Xbox and help increase the amount of subscribers. And really the best way to get more people to use the Microsoft store is to make a lot of great changes to it. And who knows one day the Microsoft store will be much more successful than Steam especially with battle.net integration.

It’ll be easily verifiable based on the leaked Midnight concept art.

100% agree on the timing. Except I think Xbox is aware they wanted to create this space between the bad news. I’d say that was intentional.

Microsoft’s launcher sucks while Steam is massive. It’s pretty telling that gamers would much rather buy Microsoft’s games on Steam than use Game Pass on Windows. Microsoft should do whatever it takes to get Game Pass on Steam.

1 Like

Oh that’s weird… I thought this was the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase thread :thinking:.

On-topic people.

2 Likes

I’d like to see:

Starfield

Killer Instinct

Fallout

Doom

Quake

IOI acquisition followed by 007 exclusive

Halo Battle Royal

Forza

Forza Horizon DLC 1 & 2

Wolfenstien

Update on Activision acquisition

50 Activision games added to backwards compatibility

I don’t envision anybody mentioning acquisitions during the showcase.

2 Likes

That can’t happen until the Activision deal goes through, which will be long after the showcase.

1 Like

I’d like to see it happen as an addition to the backwards compatibility list. Once the deal is complete then all the new games can enter Gamepass. It will give us something to look forward to when the deal is complete even if its more implied and less of an explicit future plan. Maybe have some of the more important ones get added to Gamepass now, Simpsons Hit and Run, Tony Hawk games, 007 games, Crash stuff.

I still don’t think they would re-task the BC team from whatever they are working on now back to BC for Activision titles until the deal is done. They can’t legally operate as one company and it wouldn’t be a great look while they are under scrutiny.

1 Like

It’s definitely worth the investment for the eventual payoff. Even if Activision says no right now, at least the games are ready to go. Even the games with questionable rights need to be made backwards compatible. I will track down a disc for a lot of those Activision games. Sure I prefer digital but its not like the disc would be impossible to find at a pawn shop or on ebay.

Yeah, I agree. Until the deal is closed it won’t change much for Game Pass.

1 Like

I wonder how straw graspy it is to think that since they’re sending a decent amount of Xbox’s to Japan lately (decent amount for Xbox anyway) that they will show something here that reflects that?

Again I enjoyed last year’s show a lot but all they had for JP stuff was Yakuza LAD on Game Pass (already released game) and Eiyuden Chronicle on Game Pass (already announced Kickstarter indie), so I’m hoping the above thing maybe possibly means that will be improved this year?

You didn’t enjoy Balan Wonderland on the pre-show? :smile:

Do they even need to do anything considering that consoles sell anyway?

That was actually 2020, which was a decent year for this category because they also had DQXI coming to Xbox and GP, Scarlet Nexus on that weird 3rd party showcase (it was announced there), and PSO2 NG (also a new announcement) on the main showcase.

And I think people were actually excited for Balan until the demo hit :skull:

Man, time doesn’t make sense for me anymore. The last 3 years have mind melded together. :weary:

Well if it helps Microsoft is advising people to check out this weekend’s japan indie showcase (looks like sponsoring it) And they also had a few surprise tgs gamepass announcements last September/October

So I am with you in hoping we see some cool news of a few new publishers bringing there games to zbox

Lost odyssey remaster :pray:t5:

3 Likes

I know my first reply was a silly one, but I do think that Phil is serious about vastly improving Japanese support for Xbox. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some more substantial titles being “showcased” on the Xbox… uh… showcase. I mean, they usually give space to titles from Bandai/Namco, but I could see more.

:fist_right: :fist_left:

4 Likes